Author Topic: Lindsey cockwell  (Read 309 times)

Offline Del

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Lindsey cockwell
« on: Nov 25, 2017, 04:58:21 PM »
Hi all I joined the site to get some info , i am going to the Lindsey cockwell memorial tonight , long shot but i played drums for her many years ago on the Battersea barge for a ginger beer party if any one remembers her playing there please reply, she sadly passed away earlier this year , and a celebration of her life us tonight in Peckham  Thankyou Del x

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
Re: Lindsey cockwell
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2017, 06:39:03 PM »
 Didn't know her but it looks like she did amazing things for a lot of people (Berlin pop choir) and will be much missed. Thanks for posting. My condolences to those who loved her.

Offline BettyBiscuit

• Miss Biscuit
  • Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Cake munching, tea drinking old Dame!
Re: Lindsey cockwell
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2017, 03:33:33 PM »
I remember Lindsey very well, she was always happy to support Gingerbeer by performing at our Lyrical Lounge in order for us to raise funds to pay for the running of the main site and the boards.  She performed twice in 2002 (Feb and June) at the very first two Lyrical Lounge gigs at the Battersea Barge, always a passionate performer and of course went down well with the crowd.  I rooted around hoping I'd find some pictures from those events, but over the years with computer hard drives giving up ect, I didn't find any. The last I heard she was in Berlin with her choir doing very well.  I am really sad to hear she passed away.  Sending my thoughts and best wishes to her loved ones and thank you for letting us know.  Lindsey will always be remembered through her music, she was such a lovely woman.
Not much of a newbie, I do love cake munching and tea drinking amongst other things!