Author Topic: Topshop removes women-only changing rooms  (Read 1412 times)

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Diva
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: Topshop removes women-only changing rooms
« Reply #15 on: Nov 10, 2017, 04:19:51 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear about your friend Trifle.

I personally think trans/fluid people should be able to choose which room they want to go in but anyone who does not fall under that (i.e. cis men) should not. Therefore I do think there should be women's and men's changing rooms as I see that as being better than one changing room for everyone.

The unisex changing village actually completely put me off using that pool, after an issue with a man diving into the pool and doing butterfly up and down it (it's a hydrotherapy pool of 1.2 metres deep and for relaxation), and asking the lifeguard to ask him to stop it three times and them not stopping him and getting some evil looks from him, I did not feel comfortable being physically around him once the session ended and everyone got out. The showers also aren't partitioned which I don't like. So basically you have to shower in your costume. I wish it was separate.

Offline Chewwy

• U16 Doubles Table Tennis Champion 1918
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • I'm an okay arsehole.
« Reply #16 on: Nov 10, 2017, 04:34:49 PM »
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/topshop-removes-women-only-changing-rooms-shops-policy-single-sex-high-street-gender-neutral-a8043771.html

What do you think? A step in the right direction in terms of inclusivity or unfair to women who may feel unsafe with a changing room open to anyone, cis men included? Honestly I'm torn on this myself because I absolutely don't want trans people to be excluded or made to feel uncomfortable by policies but at the same time I would NOT feel comfortable getting channged and trying things on often using the long mirrors in the changing room corridors with men about. I don't just stay inside the cubicle/curtain area, I often walk up and down to get a better look and I wouldn't feel comfortable with men being in there. At all. But what's the answer? I think the best idea is to keep men and women's changing rooms but to have everyone self define where they want to go, but I can see everywhere going gender neutral now. I wouldn't use changing rooms under these circumstances personally.

:D 

What is it about men and the primative urge to show off their Butterfly stroke?  They're never any good. 
Hear me RoaaAAARRRRRrrrrr.......... purrrrRRRR.

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #17 on: Nov 14, 2017, 09:48:12 PM »
What is it with butterfly stroke? Why was it invented? ;)

Offline Chewwy

• U16 Doubles Table Tennis Champion 1918
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • I'm an okay arsehole.
« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2017, 10:22:18 PM »
Probably just after the wide Elizabethan ruffs became unfashionable. 

Gap in the market for popinjays.
Hear me RoaaAAARRRRRrrrrr.......... purrrrRRRR.