Author Topic: Online Dating - Which Sites?  (Read 750 times)

Offline Hann088

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
    • http://occhimagazine.com/old-bitches-still-bark-a-homage-to-joan-crawford/
Online Dating - Which Sites?
« on: Nov 08, 2017, 01:48:06 AM »
Hi everyone,

I really need some help here. I'm in Northamptonshire, and I'm struggling in the world of online dating. I was on Tinder and POF a year ago, and Match the year before that. All of these sites were good, and I had a lot of messages and date offers but I wasn't in the right place.

I've re-joined Tinder, hardly any matches. I tried POF, hardly any messages except bi women. Match has very few English women on there, and most of them are masculine. The same problem with Pink Sofa. It's weird to me that attractive feminine lesbians seem to have vanished from the internet in 2017. I was wondering if anyone knew what the best UK site is now?

I really don't think it's me, I mean I've had interest before off really attractive women. It's like I had all these options when I wasn't bothered, and now I have none! Just for peace of mind, I've attached a photo of me. If anyone has an idea why I'm not attracting feminine lesbians I can take constructive criticism.

Thanks

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Diva
Re: Online Dating - Which Sites?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2017, 02:25:10 AM »
Is your profile written like the above?

Offline Meryl Streep Fan Club

• GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • "Details of your incompetence do not interest me."
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2017, 07:32:43 PM »
^ Yes indeed, how to win friends and influence people (not).

Hann088, perhaps give consideration to how you are coming across.

You are truly Delightful!

Grow old with me, the best is yet to be.

Made in 1965. All original parts.

Offline Hann088

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2017, 12:28:07 AM »
I'm confused as to how I've come across wrong? I have Aspergers and try to communicate with neurotypical people in their desired way. I was only asking for advice and I'm unsure why I've offended people? This is the profile I use for dating sites:

Reflective, philosophical person, always searching for a deeper meaning and purpose. INTJ personality if you're into that stuff.

I love history and spend a lot of time watching documentaries. My favourite periods are the Tudors and Ancient Egypt. I'll admit now that I'm a  Netflix binge watcher. If you like cuddling up and watching TV I'm your woman. If you love animals and cried at homeward bound and a dog's purpose then I'm definitely your woman! The Kardashian's and those ridiculous shows following people in Essex, Chelsea etc do NOT exist in my house.

I really enjoy having deep and meaningful conversations and find so many people  "see and know" but I'm looking to meet someone who looks and finds.

I'm attracted to feminine women. It's my personal preference and I'd only like to hear from women that wear make-up etc.
I'm not into clubbing and prefer nights in or doing New things. I'd love to meet someone who likes to visit interesting places.
Honesty and openness are important to me as is depth.

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2017, 01:38:06 AM »
I think your profile reads well, in my opinion. It's really different to your first message. If you honestly want to know, the reason why it may have come across wrong, the message itself, at least to me, was - seemed prejudiced against bi women, against masculine women, against people who weren't English, maybe implying that masculine women are unattractive, maybe over-emphasis on importance of looks (but to each their own). Also it may appear slightly contradictory that you say depth is important but only want to hear from women who wear make-up.

Maybe try other sites? Someone mentioned that HER was good, there may be other ones out there, I went on a few dates from OKCupid and the women were nice (in fact OKCupid might be a better match for you, and a lot of people on there mention the INTJ things). Good luck, I hope it works out.

Offline Hann088

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2017, 01:53:29 AM »
Well in my personal experiences the bi women I've known have always ended up with men and I'd prefer to be with someone where I didn't have to worry about that. I'm only attracted to feminine women, everyone has their type. I meant women in England as opposed to English women. I get messages from women in other countries all the time, and I'd love for them to be in England but they're not. I should word myself better. Thank you for the profile feedback, I'm on HER actually but rarely get matches. I genuinely don't seem to attract women in England it's just weird.

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2017, 02:14:22 AM »
I don't know then because your profile seems specific and clear, it has interesting facts in it and so on. Maybe try OKCupid? You can specify distance on there, e.g. women within 50km, 25km etc. I've only been on it a few times this year but had some interesting people get in contact. It seems fairly busy. Maybe worth a shot?