Author Topic: Amazon  (Read 146 times)

Offline cigarettes and matches

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • But I don't smoke
Amazon
« on: Sep 30, 2017, 06:15:06 PM »
Ladies beware of fakes being sold on Amazon.   I recently bought a pair of Sony headphones and they were fake.  They only worked for a little while and then I got no sound.   I bought them to use when I practice my piano.   I honestly thought my piano had packed up  :'( but it was the headphones.   I bought a new pair of rather expensive Panasonic headphones yesterday from my local electrical shop and they worked.

This make me wonder what else is being sold on Amazon that is a fake
Music isn't my hobby, it's my passion.
Flautist in the making

Offline Artist

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • artist of life
Re: Amazon
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2017, 08:29:18 PM »
Everything can be fake there  :( That is so annoying you got fake headphones.
I saw some tips how to identify if something is fake. To look at the logos, packaging, numbers etc. Luckily I haven't got anything fake from Amazon except memory card for my camera. Later I saw official packaging but card seems ok. Probably has less memory than advertised but that never bothered me.
“Expectations are resentments under construction.”
― Anne Lamott

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: Amazon
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2017, 08:20:06 PM »
The owner just became one of the wealthiest men in the USA. He bought Whole Foods, IMDb.com, Alexa.com, Goodreads, and several others. The keyboard I am waiting for is coming from this company because it is impossible here to find a music store that sells anything other than guitars & pianos.
We tried for a week. My gf would love to play the keyboard for relaxation & it is her birthday tomorrow.
????????????????????
   ???????????????????