Author Topic: We are online if you need to talk  (Read 607 times)

Offline LBQwomenchat

• LGBT Foundation LBQ Women's Programme
  • Gingerbeer Virgin
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
We are online if you need to talk
« on: Sep 12, 2017, 06:38:22 PM »
Hello lovely ladies of Ginger Beer,

Hope you're all having a nice day. We are online until 20:00 UK time if you want to message us about anything going on in your life - to do with health, sex and relationships, your general wellbeing, or anything else.

If you haven't come across us on GB before, we are here to provide non-judgemental support to lesbian, bi and queer women. We can give you information and advice, and help connect you with other kinds of support if you want it. You can message us any time of the week, but we may not respond until we are online.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Charlotte
from the Women's Programme at the LGBT Foundation

Offline the ganze metsieh

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
Re: We are online if you need to talk
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2017, 06:55:00 PM »
Hi,

I have a question.

Why do you use the word "ladies" and not women? Every time I see the word "ladies" it p1sses me off. There's nothing actually wrong with the words woman or women, apart from in English which has a weird cultural dislike of them. It's bad enough that my local municipal lavatories, newly built so no excuses, uses "ladies" but I'd expect better here.

Offline LBQwomenchat

• LGBT Foundation LBQ Women's Programme
  • Gingerbeer Virgin
Re: We are online if you need to talk
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2017, 08:31:56 PM »
Hi there,

Sorry that's not to your taste - just a figure of speech of mine I suppose! I'll try avoid it if it offends people, thanks.