Author Topic: why would a woman on the train ask if i am gay (a lesbian) spins it difftly  (Read 209 times)

Offline justgorgeous2015

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • looking for new good gay friends
A straight (quite immature, 25ish year old)  drunk girl asked me if i am a lesbian as i walked past to get off the tube last night

why would anyone ask a stranger that? was it my dress sense? i just looked casual as i was travelling and had my suitcase with me, just landed and was going home.

i had a pink hoody and a coat over it and printed joggers and sketchers
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2017, 08:27:54 PM by justgorgeous2015 »

Offline M&M

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • MsUnderstood
People often forget that such questions are intrusive and I get asked things like this all the time. Its annoying and rude but I wouldn't let it bother you too much. Don't waste your energy on the nonsensical.

On an aside, I would be interested to know why it matters to you so much? Especially as you have gone on to describe what you were wearing, it almost confirms what society regularly tell us, that there is a way we are supposed to all look…. This post sound a little like you are saying “I cant see why because I wasn’t dressed like a lesbian as I was wearing...."

IMO, you may be guilty of the very thing you were complaining about in this post.

M&M

Offline justgorgeous2015

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • looking for new good gay friends
thanks for your reply M&M
Yeh  - i was wearing casual clothes but nothing too butch, flowery joggers and a purple jacket.

she was completely str8 so how did she pick up this vibe
im not trying hide who i am but i am very sensitive about it - i am not out