Author Topic: I'm back! Here's a Beerie's Walk 26th August  (Read 278 times)

Offline floatingintheworld

• Gingerbeer Virgin
I'm back! Here's a Beerie's Walk 26th August
« on: Aug 16, 2017, 04:41:22 PM »
Hey y'all! It's good to be back after so much time away from everything.

I'm running a walk for any of you that would like to come along.

DATE: SATURDAY 26TH AUGUST
TIME: ACTUAL START WILL BE 1100 TO ALLOW FOR THOSE DOING THE EXTRA PART OF THE WALK BEFOREHAND TO JOIN US
NEAREST STATION TO START LOCATION: RUGBY

A gentle amble along the Oxford Canal, no more than about 8 or 9 miles (I'm testing the walk this weekend to determine exactly how long the planned route is - if you can't make the walk, you're more than welcome to help me and a couple of friends test it out), and various options for shortening or returning to the station.

There are lovely pubs waterside for lunch, and/or tea and cake, and also picnic spots. It really is a beautiful walk and there may even be some blackberry picking opportunities!

Do let me know if you can make it or have any questions.

Flo x

Regarding travel to and from the walk:
A direct Virgin Trains service from London Euston to Rugby takes between 45 and 55 minutes as it's 1-2 stops, with London Midland running a longer service more regularly, but can take up to 2 hours. It looks like we won't start at the station, but for anyone who would like the extra few miles at the start or end of the walk, I am happy to provide the walking directions to our start point. I'll be driving from the station and will have space for quite a few people to get to the start point. I believe there is also a bus stop not too far. And for anyone driving or who wishes to meet us at the start, I'll be able to provide the exact start point early next week.
The #292 Rule: Never be ashamed of yourself. Because you are born into one skin. You can scar it, stretch it, burn it, mark it, tan it, peel it. But you are always in it, so you might as well learn to love it.

Offline floatingintheworld

• Gingerbeer Virgin
Re: I'm back! Here's a Beerie's Walk 26th August
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2017, 04:42:44 PM »
A pic of one of the bridges on the route
The #292 Rule: Never be ashamed of yourself. Because you are born into one skin. You can scar it, stretch it, burn it, mark it, tan it, peel it. But you are always in it, so you might as well learn to love it.