Author Topic: Smoking, what the...  (Read 141 times)

Offline OrneryPuppy

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Smoking, what the...
« on: Jun 23, 2017, 11:58:37 AM »
Recently I've read a very interesting article on smoking in the LGBTQ community.
Did you know that we are twice as likely to smoke as our straight peers? Realizing that freaked me out a bit...The article I found is here: https://www.migvapor.com/ecig-news/vaping-and-lgbtq/ They discuss the matter of smoking and vaping habits among our community.
Do you folks can agree with it? As a non-smoker I just want to raise awareness on this issue and help us to lead happier and healthier lifestyles :)

Offline Jordana Michelle !

• Lesbian Love Coach jordanamichelle.com
  • Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Lesbian Love Coach jordanamichelle.com
    • Jordana Michelle
Re: Smoking, what the...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2017, 06:06:51 PM »
I think it makes sense that our community would struggle more with addiction.

We grow up in a world where we're different and not what we're "supposed to be."

And it's super confusing because nobody tells us the reason for these differences (we have to figure it all out by ourselves, oftentimes in the face of deep shame.)

So that leads to anxiety. And it makes sense more of us would turn to substances to soothe the anxiety.

Anyway... cheers to all of you reading this, for making it through to where you are today, despite the challenges and obstacles. And for anyone struggling with addiction, we're all wishing you strength and clarity and peace as you get to the other side.

Instagram @jordana.michelle