Author Topic: Relationship/Dating Advice  (Read 368 times)

Offline bluethunder

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Relationship/Dating Advice
« on: Apr 19, 2017, 12:25:25 AM »
Hello ladies,
I am seeking all the advice I can get...I kinda feel like a teenager right now, but I am really confused by this situation.

I have been seeing this girl since January, so about 4 months. Everything is going great, we have a really good chemistry, shared interests, etc. We see each other almost everyday, not to mention that we went on a little holiday together and already planned another one in May. About a month ago, we had a couple of little conversations about our "situation" like what are we doing and if we are exclusive or not. She used the term we are dating, but says she is not ready for a relationship, although we are acting like we are in one...also she say she might want to see other people and this is one of the reason why she doesn't want to label this as a relationship.

I have always had undefined/unlabelled relationships and, at this point in my life and especially with her, I am ready to be in one. On the other hand, she has always been in long-term relationships and so I understand she might like the idea of freedom. But I do not understand, if we both like each other and have a good thing going on and acting as we are girlfriends why can't she admit this to herself. It also makes me sad that although we have a perfect thing going on she feels the need of thinking that she wants to see other people, should I say this to her?

I already kinda told her how I feel, but I do not expect her to bring any of this up again as she is a bit strange when communicating feelings.  Should I bring this up again later on or what? I really do not want to lose what we have

Offline Xof the Elder

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
Re: Relationship/Dating Advice
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2017, 07:58:51 PM »
she is a bit strange when communicating feelings

Sounds like hard work and a head fook. Give her the heave-ho (I know you wont - but you should)
Quizas, quizas, quizas....

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2017, 12:01:33 AM »
It seems to me that she might not think it's as perfect as you do... :-\
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

Offline Grey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • old school old butch
« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2017, 12:41:55 PM »
you're in two different places emotionally/psychologically
you may have to decide to enjoy it as it is or end it
(imo it's not fair trying to get her to change her feelings)
you could also have a long drawn out disassembling with loads of angst and drama 
.....whiiiiich is usually how these things go   ::)
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2017, 02:10:46 PM by Grey »

Offline Xof the Elder

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2017, 09:18:39 PM »
I think they're too busy humping?

Probably not each other ... but still. Well Jell.
Quizas, quizas, quizas....

Offline Vickilipstick

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2017, 01:05:05 AM »
Oh dear. Bluethunder. Id be careful. You may well get your heart broken if your not careful. Grey is right, your not in the same place. Her previous long relationships. Were they with men or women? I only ask as if they were with men, she may want to enjoy her new found sexual interests and play the field. But she may wish to even if they were with women. Either way, try to contain your feelings if you can until she seems to feel the same as you do.
Good luck!