Author Topic: women's martial arts?  (Read 6606 times)

nook

women's martial arts?
« on: Sep 15, 2007, 09:32:06 AM »

Some friends and I would really like to do a martial arts class (we're feeling unfit and would like to punch stuff!). Does anyone know of any women's martial arts classes - karate, kung fu... anything really?Preferably in the Islington/Hackney area.

Many thanks

Offline salty75

• Gingerbeer Diva
Re: women's martial arts?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2007, 11:57:47 AM »
There are ju jitsu classes in stoke newington i think. Hope that helps! :)

nook

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2007, 12:08:09 AM »
thanks salty - jujitsu could be fun - does anyone know if you get to punch stuff in jujitsu?

Offline Raggy

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2007, 05:53:34 PM »
Hi I do Nam Pai Chuan Kung Fu, we have classes in various areas of London. I will IM you my mobile if you want to discuss classes and our style of Kung Fu.  Unfortunately our web site is being revamped right now so not open.  Moragh

Offline Parnell

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2007, 01:42:03 AM »
Sorry to hijack.... but if anyone knows of any good Tai Kwan Doe classes in SE London Id love to know!
 :)
<br />Parnell - she is the lady that you look at and immediately think "trouble" followed by 'Nice tits"<br />

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this...

nook

« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2007, 10:31:24 PM »
Feel free!

I used to do Tae Kwon Do - it's great but I'm looking forward to Kung Fu. It just sounds so hard core...

Hope you find a class Parnell  :)

Offline Parnell

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2007, 02:27:52 AM »
I miss it... I did it as a kid from 3yrs-11yrs... both my parents were black belts :D

Then I stopped as was too busy with horses and dancing!...Yup Kung Fu sounds kinda intimidating to me.. but its wicked to watch! Good luck!

:)

<br />Parnell - she is the lady that you look at and immediately think "trouble" followed by 'Nice tits"<br />

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this...

Offline Patsey

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2007, 08:19:37 PM »
Hi Nook,

I used to do Shotokan Karate at the hall opposite the cemetry on Stoke Newington Church Street before I broke my foot during a training session. The sessions are not women only though if that's what you're looking for.

Let me know if you want a contact and I'll IM you.

blink

« Reply #8 on: Nov 15, 2007, 09:59:06 AM »
hey!
does anyone know anything about martial arts facilities in East London?

cutiepie23

« Reply #9 on: Nov 16, 2007, 01:57:21 PM »
Hey Nook,

I do yoga and Kickboxing at KB Fitness. They're a couple of fantastic girls who run the school, gay couple and have so much stuff! They have yoga, pilates, kickboxing, kung fu, tai chi and do regular self defence classes. Have a look at the website, hope it helps..I love it. www.kbfitness.co.uk

The classes are Mon-Sat, basically every day and they have classes in Tott court rd, warren street, picadilly, london bridge, monument, euston, chancery lane

Enjoy weekend:)

chix2007

« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2007, 05:55:24 PM »

luv my kickboxing :D

Offline karate boy

• Gingerbeer Devotee
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2008, 03:56:34 PM »
thanks salty - jujitsu could be fun - does anyone know if you get to punch stuff in jujitsu?

No Jui-Jitsu is a mainly grappling/locks/throwing art. If you want punching and kicking try karate, kung-fu, taekwondo etc.

I do Wado-Ryu karate, but I'm afraid it's not women only. The only women only martial arts club I know of is kb.
"Heaven is right where you are standing, and that is the place to train."
-- Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Shane

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2008, 12:06:58 PM »
Thanks Karateboy, yes indeed, we offer women only classes and have brand new classes staring next week! So come along girls, train with us in a safe, fun and friendly environment!

KB offers Kickboxing, Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Self Defence, Yoga, Pilates and Dance!

Email: info@kbfitness.co.uk
Call: 020 76810114 / 07881957977

Offline Shane

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2008, 04:49:11 PM »
Hey girls, BRAND NEW women only class starting this Saturday 26th January! So come along girls, train with us in a safe, fun and friendly environment!

KB offers Kickboxing, Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Self Defence, Yoga, Pilates and Dance!

Email: info@kbfitness.co.uk
Call: 020 76810114 / 07881957977