Author Topic: Lingerie issues  (Read 411 times)

Offline VeganJane

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Lingerie issues
« on: Apr 09, 2017, 04:07:49 PM »
I have a question for you. I've been in a relationship for a long time now and recently my girlfriend asked me about wearing some lingerie. I must say I find that issue quite curious and we were even browsing the shops together. She was most into the blue babydoll dress from the https://obsessive.com/ shop. The lingerie is really pretty and not the straightforward type one I would rather dislike.

What do you think about purchasing such sexy-clothing? I would like to know your opinion on that matter.
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2017, 05:37:08 PM by VeganJane »

Online cigarettes and matches

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • But I don't smoke
Re: Lingerie issues
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2017, 04:53:11 PM »
To be honest we cannot decide for you.  It has to be your decision. 
I owe a special thanks to someone who enabled me to turn my dream into a reality

Offline VeganJane

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2017, 04:57:23 PM »
To be honest we cannot decide for you.  It has to be your decision.

I know, I know. I just want to know, what would you do in such situation. In the end I will have to decide, but some insight is always appreciated.

Online Jˇhanna Sigur­ardˇttir

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2017, 06:22:45 PM »
I wanted to give my opinion on the babydoll dress, but my Polish is a bit rusty.

Offline Xof the Elder

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2017, 08:04:06 PM »
I think you should use PayPal on that particular website.

Other than that, I have no opinion.
Older, wiser, and still the best looking one on here

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • But I don't smoke
« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2017, 08:08:49 PM »
I have a question for you. I've been in a relationship for a long time now and recently my girlfriend asked me about wearing some lingerie. I must say I find that issue quite curious and we were even browsing the shops together. She was most into the blue babydoll dress from the https://obsessive.com/ shop. The lingerie is really pretty and not the straightforward type one I would rather dislike.

What do you think about purchasing such sexy-clothing? I would like to know your opinion on that matter.

Having just looked at the website, it is not something I would purchase but if you like that sort of thing then go ahead and get some.
I owe a special thanks to someone who enabled me to turn my dream into a reality

Offline Earl

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2017, 10:32:44 PM »
The idea that anyone I was in a relationship with would ask me to put that on, made me lol. Other than that, I have opinions.
Nye Bevan, 'the NHS will exist for only as long as the people fight for it'...or something like that.

Offline VeganJane

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #7 on: Apr 10, 2017, 05:21:37 PM »
Sorry, I just linked the shop. Here is the particular babydoll I was talking about: https://obsessive.com/euro_en/products/chemises-and-dresses/babydolls/auroria-8672.

I mean I had second thoughts because this is the first time somebody asked me about such things. Apart from that the dress looks pretty and is not that "classic" (like slutty-sexy kind of lingerie). I prefer wearing this kind of outfit than stockings and movement-imparing underwear : P. I guess I will agree to the idea - probably there is a first time for everything. I'm more concerned about being stressed while wearing it.

I'm not saying it will happen, but if so - do you think there is a way to somehow prepare myself for that? I feel like a complete newbie right now : P.

Online Jˇhanna Sigur­ardˇttir

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2017, 06:19:36 PM »
It looks really cute and I love that colour. Although for me personally, the feeling of the dangling ribbon from the bow might annoy me, touching my skin like that.

berdache

« Reply #9 on: Apr 10, 2017, 07:56:28 PM »

I'm not saying it will happen, but if so - do you think there is a way to somehow prepare myself for that? I feel like a complete newbie right now : P.

Is it vegan? For when you have to tear it off with your teeth?

Offline Smik

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #10 on: Apr 10, 2017, 09:01:58 PM »
I think it's a really individual choice and I guess you have to feel comfortable in yourself, the underwater and with your partner.

Personally I really love pretty undies it makes all the difference in creating the vibe regardless of where it ends up lol I really like that babydoll. If you wanted to look around more I recommend agent provocateur they do some lovely stuff! http://www.agentprovocateur.com/gb_en good luck :)

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #11 on: Apr 14, 2017, 07:30:38 AM »
I gather you and your partner are trying to spice up your love life and that the underwear/bed wear Ida is coming from her. It sounds to me like more talking to each other would help you decide.

Is it because she finds this stuff a turn on on others but not on herself? Or does she want to wear this kind of thing too but doesn't feel able to say so? And is it al, about the look, or the feel of the fabric, or because of the idea of undressing you (or will she want you to take it off yourself, or keep it on as long as possible?)

What I am trying to say is, at the moment this seems to feel new and unfamiliar to you (both?) and I see this going wrong because you're not sure what the expectations are, on both sides.

What Johana S said about the ribbon was pretty important in general about fabrics. How they feel is usually at least as important as how they look. I once bought a jacket with a satin lining because the lining was divine. I sometimes wore it at home, alone, with nothing underneath just because it felt so spectacular (this was a long time ago, I don't have the jacket any more).

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #12 on: Apr 14, 2017, 01:27:41 PM »
Call me cynical, but I'm afraid I'm suspicious of anyone who registers and whose initial posts (apart form a couple saying 'hello') contain links to an online shop.
Vegan Jane, if you are a genuine Beerie then my apologies. Otherwise my feeling is that this is a commercial ploy.
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • But I don't smoke
« Reply #13 on: Apr 14, 2017, 02:11:31 PM »
And why does someone have to ask our views on what to do.  Its their life, their decision.  end of

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #14 on: Apr 14, 2017, 03:50:33 PM »
I don't have a problem with people asking for opinions on a decision they have to make. We can offer our thoughts, they can accept, ignore or disagree with what we say. I'm sure I've done the same in the past - it can be helpful to hear others' opinions and experiences.
I'm just not sure that is what is going on here...
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D