Author Topic: Any fellow veggies/vegans here?  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Xof the Elder

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
Re: Any fellow veggies/vegans here?
« Reply #30 on: Apr 09, 2017, 11:11:23 PM »
This crazy psycho is in my head, there is a mouse in the house and now I have to go to sleep.

Can't you imagine nice things you vegans? Like a wild chicken coming over to you especially and laying an egg for your supper?

Awwwwww, it's so sweet.  :D :D
Quizas, quizas, quizas....

Offline hellohowareyoutoday

• Gingerbeer Diva
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #31 on: Apr 09, 2017, 11:13:56 PM »
Do you go birth babies near a lion for its dinner? Or are you birthing the baby for your own reasons, not as a kind offering to lions?

Azalea

« Reply #32 on: Apr 09, 2017, 11:14:16 PM »
Night Azalea - I wish for you the rest of a thousand ladybirds (all sleeping)

Thanks I guess though that image freaks me out a bit.

And I might've been a bit hastily dismissive. As no animals would've been harmed then* yes I would eat the egg proffered by the wild chicken if I fancied it, assuming she ran away and left it and wasn't sitting on it. Obviously I don't speak for all vegans.

*Except for the chick...shit I'm a new vegan and still making mistakes...
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2017, 11:16:56 PM by Azalea »

Offline Xof the Elder

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #33 on: Apr 09, 2017, 11:18:30 PM »
Do you go birth babies near a lion for its dinner? Or are you birthing the baby for your own reasons, not as a kind offering to lions?

I'd have to give this some thought. I can honestly say I have never considered this, not for a second, but today this is my very first original thought and it struck me like a thunderbolt, so thank you!

To be clear, do I have one baby a year as a max a person could or a baby a day like a chicken?

Offline Xof the Elder

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #34 on: Apr 09, 2017, 11:20:02 PM »
Night Azalea - I wish for you the rest of a thousand ladybirds (all sleeping)

Thanks I guess though that image freaks me out a bit.

And I might've been a bit hastily dismissive. As no animals would've been harmed then* yes I would eat the egg proffered by the wild chicken if I fancied it, assuming she ran away and left it and wasn't sitting on it. Obviously I don't speak for all vegans.

*Except for the chick...shit I'm a new vegan and still making mistakes...

Here.

To help you sleep.

Offline hellohowareyoutoday

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #35 on: Apr 09, 2017, 11:21:59 PM »
My point - and a big part of the vegan mindset - is that what animals have and do (their bodies, their fluids, their skills, their babies) are not ours to use. They are separate beings who have a right to go about life the same as anyone else, free from harm and exploitation and cruelty. If a chicken came and laid an egg by me, I wouldn't assume that its purpose was to feed me. I'd assume a chicken just happened to lay an egg close to where I was sitting.

Offline Xof the Elder

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #36 on: Apr 09, 2017, 11:26:20 PM »
My point - and a big part of the vegan mindset - is that what animals have and do (their bodies, their fluids, their skills, their babies) are not ours to use. They are separate beings who have a right to go about life the same as anyone else, free from harm and exploitation and cruelty. If a chicken came and laid an egg by me, I wouldn't assume that its purpose was to feed me. I'd assume a chicken just happened to lay an egg close to where I was sitting.

What if she pushed the egg toward you with her beak?

Okay Okay - I'm only playing and I know, because I read your list of deal breakers that this is very close to your heart so I shall not comment further! As it should be. I admire all the vegans, very much so. Your argument - i agree.

Offline slyder

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #37 on: Apr 27, 2017, 11:14:11 AM »
I'm looking for a thread to jump back in with after a long break from GB. Failing miserably but chuckling at this and also holding hand up as a veggie who is perhaps on a path to vegan.

Azalea

« Reply #38 on: Apr 27, 2017, 05:40:58 PM »
Welcome back! I saw Point Break a while ago and it made me wonder where you were!

Cooking vegan at home is fine but eating out and snacking on the go is hard/fraught.

Offline slyder

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #39 on: Apr 27, 2017, 07:03:21 PM »
Thank you  :D  I'm guessing you had a different username?

I'm not sure where you live, but certainly where I am the veggie/vegan scene is growing massively and there's loads of options.  I still hate trying to buy a sandwhich in a supermarket though!

Azalea

« Reply #40 on: Apr 27, 2017, 08:25:52 PM »
I live in London so have absolutely no excuse! There are loads of vegan cafes, a monthly vegan market in Hackney and queer vegan meetups. If you want to be part of a vegan tribe it's brilliant!

Offline unicorn

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2017, 10:54:38 AM »
Hi I haven't visited the site for a while but so glad I did today ...is the possible veggie meet up still a possibility?
My biggest veggie moan isn't the poor selection it is the B&B  who say they do veggie then serve a breakfast minus the bacon and charge the same!! :)