Author Topic: Knickers to smooth out tummy folds  (Read 200 times)

Phuck

Knickers to smooth out tummy folds
« on: Jan 31, 2017, 07:59:06 PM »
Sorry if this is the wrong place but it relates to a C Section scar so thought it might be a good place to get some recommendations...  If it should go somewhere else, just let me know and I'll move it.

I bought my wedding dress at the weekend.  It is like a second skin.  When I tried it on I was feeling all "hell yeah!  My curves look awesome in this dress" and "I don't understand why more people don't wear dresses this tight!"

Now, after examining myself in the photos, I'm feeling really self conscious about the shape of my stomach in it - the fact it is a bit round, but also the 'fold' I have as the result of c-section type surgery.  (It wasn't a baby, it was a tumour.  A massive one, about 12 years ago so the scar is old and probably the best it's going to be in terms of how taut it is.)

I've lost 5st in the past 15 months but thankfully don't have loose skin from that to contend with too. Im a size 16 on a good day but still losing so might be smaller by August (when I get married).

So - any recommendations on big knickers that suck everything in and which specifically are good at flattening and disguising a big tummy scar?  I've tried Spanx and didn't find them much better than wearing tights, to be honest. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MzB

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Re: Knickers to smooth out tummy folds
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2017, 11:18:05 PM »
I think you just have to try a few things under your dress, Phuck, to see what works. There are lots of 'invisible' waist cinchers etc. out there (eBay has loads), and some are adjustable. I would go for the 'knickerless' kind (more like a corset) for more air and easy peeing! Also, be aware of any 'muffin top' (which you could avoid with a long slip instead of a waist cincher). But really, the best way is to try a few things on. You could order a few options perhaps, knowing that you plan to return most of them.

Diesel

Re: Knickers to smooth out tummy folds
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2017, 10:44:45 PM »
I wear tight fitting dresses and have found spanx to be crap- they hold things in but then it overspills elsewhere. Far better to just find something that smoothes things gently- I absolutely LOVE these and wear them all the time- mainly cos they stop chub rub and are really light breathable cotton: http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=12553&catalogId=33054&productId=18257160&categoryId=226064&parent_category_rn=209431

(Another top tip- my seamstress advised me to NOT buy sexy underwear for my wedding day and only wear comfiest. Her reasoning was you won't feel like doing anything in those sexy undies after you've been sweating in them all day!! I thought she was barmy at the time but in the end took her advice and wore plan simple knickers and a white pair of the above. Then post wedding had a mega quick shower, flung on the sexy underwear and voila!)