Author Topic: New friends wanted!  (Read 561 times)

Offline showmelove2014

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
New friends wanted!
« on: Oct 05, 2016, 01:59:42 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm a 27 year old femme female looking for some new bi/lesbian friends to hang out with. Been living in London for 5 years. Although I have a good set of friends, I don't have any bi or lesbian friends! I've tried all the suggested ways of meeting people..attended meetup groups for gay women at different venues but I just felt really uncomfortable being there alone whilst others were in already chatting in their groups and quite drunk by the time I arrived, which was early enough! (Not suggesting all meetups are like this lol but the ones I have been to have been!). So now I'm trying other routes to find friends.

It can be quite isolating not being able to have anyone to share common experiences and interests with. It would be nice to have some like minded friends to do lesbian related - or even non lesbian related stuff with..even if just meeting up for a coffee/alcoholic beverage  and a chat every once in a while. I'm looking for friends around the same age as me (between 24-40).

Hope I haven't made myself sound like too much of a loser by posting this haha, I'm not I promise ;) Please drop me a message if you're interested in hanging out :)

I'm completely open to suggestions of how to meet people btw!

Offline sheepupatree

• Gingerbeer Virgin
Re: New friends wanted!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2016, 12:21:48 PM »
Hiya I'm 27 and from London. It's always nice to make new friends, especially as a lot of my friends are now having babies and not so able to have nights out etc! My wife isn't very into nights out either! Would be happy to go for drinks with u 😊

Offline INA

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2016, 08:25:48 AM »
Hi, I m looking to make new friends too and was thinking of attending some events but after reading about your experience I ll pass. I would love to get a coffee together some time. I'm 35 and really chatty.

Offline showmelove2014

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2016, 05:12:58 PM »
Hey sheepupatree, thanks for your reply. Sounds like we're in the same boat! Comforting to know I'm not alone! I'm going to message you directly when I leave work shortly, speak soon :)

Offline showmelove2014

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2016, 05:21:47 PM »
Hey INA, glad to hear you are! Oh I hope I don't end up putting everyone off meet up groups lol, maybe it was only my personal experiences which were bad or my personality that just doesn't suit meeting new people in that type of setting...I'm not sure lol but it just wasn't for me at all. I'd still recommend that you/everyone else goes to one at least once...you may love it lol

Great :) I'm at work at the moment but will send you a proper message directly when I leave shortly!

Offline sheepupatree

• Gingerbeer Virgin
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2016, 08:27:32 PM »
Would be lovely to meet both of you :)

Offline Manda1978

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2016, 02:22:23 PM »
Awh bless you I'm 37 and still have like no lesbian friends.. I know how that feels!! Always happy for a meet up and chat xx

Offline Not a Fan of Beer

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2016, 10:06:41 PM »
I might be a bit late in joining the discussion, but hello all!

I'm 25 and from SW London, and have also found it difficult to meet other bi/lesbian women as friends. I also had a similar experience to you at a meetup, where a lot of people seemed to know each other already and weren't interested in meeting new people (which is what I thought those things were all about!). Although I did have quite a good time, I didn't really get to know anyone there and it put me off going to another one.

Feel free to message me, it'd be nice to meet up with some like-minded people :)

Offline Evvee

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2016, 01:40:39 PM »
Hi everyone  :) I might be a little late to the convo as well but I'm also looking to make new friends!

I'm 27 and live in west London and it would be great to meet some similar people!  :) I also attended a meetup but everyone came in groups or couples, so it would be nice to get to know you guys.

Feel free to message if you'd like to meet  :)

Offline showmelove2014

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #9 on: Oct 23, 2016, 11:00:05 PM »
Hey Manda, I completely sympathise with you regardless of age! I've just sent you a private message :) x

Offline showmelove2014

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 23, 2016, 11:11:20 PM »
Hey Not a fan of beer& Evvee! Thanks very much for your responses. It sounds like we all had very similarl experience at the event/s we attended! At least we know it's nothing personal ay lol. I've sent a private message to you both, hopefully we all get to know eachother and eventually meet :) xx