Author Topic: Newbie mistakes...?  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
Re: Newbie mistakes...?
« Reply #45 on: Oct 03, 2016, 11:33:49 PM »
It was an interview where she said that knickers/pants were ridiculously unnecessary garments with no possible use whatsoever.

Now I love nothing more than being able to spend a whole week without any clothes on, but if I am wearing them, then pants do massively reduce the speed with which my trousers have to go in the wash. It seemed very odd to me that she had never heard of this idea. I remember thinking, either she has an odd vagina with no juices or smelly trousers or a massive laundry basket. I have never forgotten it.

Eta: can't find it, but she seems to refer to it in the Clive Anderson Talks Back interview which is on you tube.
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2016, 12:23:50 AM by Lust for Life »

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #46 on: Oct 04, 2016, 01:49:34 AM »
^ quite.
For me it's about keeping the laundry down (I wear clean pants every day, of course. I don't want to be having to wash my jeans every day instead ::)) and also about reducing chafing :-[
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

Offline kate1979

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #47 on: Jan 09, 2017, 08:19:40 PM »
I love the advice here! very helpful, food for thought!

Offline Earl

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #48 on: Jan 09, 2017, 08:28:36 PM »
I love the advice here! very helpful, food for thought!

Do you have chaffing problems, too, Kate?
Nye Bevan, 'the NHS will exist for only as long as the people fight for it'...or something like that.

Bizoute

« Reply #49 on: Jan 09, 2017, 09:13:22 PM »
Who really cares re: the knickers/no knickers thing? By which I mean: surely it's just personal choice. What always strikes me as massively un-feminist is women (or anyone) decreeing what other women should and shouldn't do with their own bodies.

Offline Earl

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #50 on: Jan 09, 2017, 09:22:26 PM »
Who really cares re: the knickers/no knickers thing? By which I mean: surely it's just personal choice. What always strikes me as massively un-feminist is women (or anyone) decreeing what other women should and shouldn't do with their own bodies.

Might this be another 'flannelgate'?
Nye Bevan, 'the NHS will exist for only as long as the people fight for it'...or something like that.

Bizoute

« Reply #51 on: Jan 09, 2017, 09:45:07 PM »
KnickersGate.

Offline Earl

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #52 on: Jan 09, 2017, 09:59:06 PM »
#knickersgate, I feel some testifying coming on...

My name is Earl. I can't remember the last time I went native commando, but I do remember having thought that, damn, these jeans will have to go in the wash now. And I think on these occasions I might have felt a little uncomfortable, too. And maybe not as liberated as I probably should have felt.

I have never castigated, in public or otherwise, anyone else for doing/not doing this. Nor have I given the topic much thought until now. Amen.

Can I get a hallelujah?

Offline nismat

• Gingerbeer Devotee
« Reply #53 on: Jan 10, 2017, 08:28:21 AM »
Hallelujah!

Offline sarah_m

• Gingerbeer Virgin
  • a design for life
« Reply #54 on: Apr 22, 2017, 10:36:21 AM »
My mistake was my low self esteem. I can look back and see where it all went wrong. I had no  idea what a mess I'd be in.

My self esteem is growing just knowing I wasn't naive. I was vulnerable.

Offline Xof the Elder

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #55 on: Apr 22, 2017, 09:04:10 PM »
Expecting too much from my girlfriends on one hand and then on the other settling for women I wasn't really that interested in. I've managed to waste a lot of time that way. It sneaks up on you. I have been in love, dreadfully painful but I wouldn't have missed out on it.

Absolute newbie mistakes is believing there will be better round the corner, love is precious, but in the maelstrom of drama it can be hard to separate love from neediness. I have a feeling these mistakes can be repeated time and again, however one mistake I'm not prepared to make again is giving up on love.
Quizas, quizas, quizas....

Offline Artist

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • artist of life
« Reply #56 on: Apr 24, 2017, 12:39:42 PM »
“Expectations are resentments under construction.”
― Anne Lamott