Author Topic: Newbie mistakes...?  (Read 2881 times)

Offline plaiting fog

• Gingerbeer Diva
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: Newbie mistakes...?
« Reply #15 on: Sep 29, 2016, 10:08:41 PM »
I increasingly notice the urge to wear a tweed flat cap but never quite find the courage to do so. In wilder moments I have thought  it would look good with a pinstriped suit. I am not a newbie but fear it would be fashion suicide nonetheless. And yet.... Oh, dear. I do vacillate and remain hopelessly hatless.

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #16 on: Sep 29, 2016, 11:49:20 PM »
Do it, plaiting fog, do it! :D
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

Offline Grey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • old school old butch
« Reply #17 on: Sep 30, 2016, 12:13:51 AM »
I've worn a tweed flat cap for years

I don't know if that helps....or totally puts you off the idea

Offline plaiting fog

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #18 on: Sep 30, 2016, 08:43:42 AM »
Hmmm.... This could be my Autumn experiment. Just on the allotment....

curiosa

« Reply #19 on: Sep 30, 2016, 09:00:49 AM »

that sounds like a fab and quite hot idea. i think you'd be totally identifiable as a dyke as well. just saying and to stay OT.

may i just make a suggestion? if i were you, i would not wear the pinstriped suit on the allotment while you're working Mother Earth. i mean, i'd totally fall for you (after you wash your hands, i don't like dry soil on hands, not even vicariously), but you probably will have to throw away that pinstriped suit.. the tweed flat cap while digging, on the other hand, go!

curiosa

« Reply #20 on: Sep 30, 2016, 09:04:15 AM »
... i feel a Peaky Blinders theme. so... plaiting fog, just don't kill people - or animals, ok?

Offline scouser

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #21 on: Sep 30, 2016, 11:47:33 AM »
What were we talking about again? ::)
One day I'll laugh about this!😑

Offline Grey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • old school old butch
« Reply #22 on: Sep 30, 2016, 12:57:52 PM »

Perfect!!  :D

A flat cap isn't just something you slap on your head you know-there's the angle of it tweaking it for emphasis while in a deep discussion over runner beans and removing it with a bit of panache and understated flourish during introductions

that's my flat cap tutorial for today  ;)

The Maven, noch einmal

« Reply #23 on: Sep 30, 2016, 01:17:58 PM »
I'm more of a fedora woman, do you have any tips for potential meetings on allotments?

My first real newbie mistake was going up to London in search of the Lesbian Archive. A building I was certain would be a well-known landmark to Londoners given its obvious importance to the nation. I stopped passing strangers and asked directions. None of them knew but many spent some time regaling me with tales of their slight acquaintance with random lesbians. I never have worked that out.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #24 on: Sep 30, 2016, 02:05:04 PM »
 I have been so close to buying a flat cap On many occasions. Never quite plucked up the courage though.

Offline plaiting fog

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #25 on: Sep 30, 2016, 02:18:27 PM »

that sounds like a fab and quite hot idea. i think you'd be totally identifiable as a dyke as well. just saying and to stay OT.

may i just make a suggestion? if i were you, i would not wear the pinstriped suit on the allotment while you're working Mother Earth. i mean, i'd totally fall for you (after you wash your hands, i don't like dry soil on hands, not even vicariously), but you probably will have to throw away that pinstriped suit.. the tweed flat cap while digging, on the other hand, go!

Not the tweed cap with the pinstriped then....
But the pinstriped in another setting would be okay; or are you averse to pinstripes full stop?
I have also often wished I had the courage to wear a pinstriped suit. With waistcoat, of course. But that would mean I would have to find some setting other than my allotment, I suppose. And I seem to go nowhere else these days... So I should start with the cap.

Offline plaiting fog

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #26 on: Sep 30, 2016, 02:19:37 PM »

A flat cap isn't just something you slap on your head you know-there's the angle of it tweaking it for emphasis while in a deep discussion over runner beans and removing it with a bit of panache and understated flourish during introductions

Thanks for the tips, Grey. I was thinking of nonchalantly placing it at a rakish angle.  Perhaps while poised with foot on spade and elbows resting on its handle. Eyes towards the gate through which a maiden from another time and place softly approaches me. Obviously I'd stay completely still until she stopped at the other side of my recently dug bed. Then I imagine I'd touch the peak of my cap by way of showing my respect. But I shouldn't like to remove it. She might be startled by my blonde bun and the tendrils of hair falling loosely around my face. She may have taken me for a he and my mixed form might startle her away before I have had chance to stir her deeply in her soul and allowed our eyes to meet until she feels she cannot look away again.

I shall hie me away to practise my rakish angles...

curiosa

« Reply #27 on: Sep 30, 2016, 03:02:45 PM »

Not the tweed cap with the pinstriped then....
But the pinstriped in another setting would be okay; or are you averse to pinstripes full stop?
I have also often wished I had the courage to wear a pinstriped suit. With waistcoat, of course. But that would mean I would have to find some setting other than my allotment, I suppose. And I seem to go nowhere else these days... So I should start with the cap.

starting with the cap on the allotment surely sounds like a safe approach for now. on the other hand, i profoundly dig hot women in suits, pinstriped or otherwise, so from a selfish point of view, i'd say that it is a missed opportunity for us admirers of 'women in suits (with or without cap)' to admire you in a suit (with or without cap).

curiosa

« Reply #28 on: Sep 30, 2016, 03:07:21 PM »

Thanks for the tips, Grey. I was thinking of nonchalantly placing it at a rakish angle.  Perhaps while poised with foot on spade and elbows resting on its handle. Eyes towards the gate through which a maiden from another time and place softly approaches me. Obviously I'd stay completely still until she stopped at the other side of my recently dug bed. Then I imagine I'd touch the peak of my cap by way of showing my respect. But I shouldn't like to remove it. She might be startled by my blonde bun and the tendrils of hair falling loosely around my face. She may have taken me for a he and my mixed form might startle her away before I have had chance to stir her deeply in her soul and allowed our eyes to meet until she feels she cannot look away again.

I shall hie me away to practise my rakish angles...

i suggest you find an approach that works with the working on the allotment. couldn't we imagine the maiden strolling on the allotment being particularly fascinated by caps-wearers doing what they are supposed to do on an allotment - which is not standing still. she might think you're lazy and just there to check out the maiden newbies?! so what about digging in the earth with rolled up sleeves (using gloves in case she vicariously doesnt like dried soil) to find your carrots and cucumbers, and move over to the strawberries, which you can then wash and offer her as a present from your hard labour (and maiden admiration)?

Offline outoforder

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #29 on: Sep 30, 2016, 03:07:49 PM »
I'm more of a fedora woman, do you have any tips for potential meetings on allotments?

My first real newbie mistake was going up to London in search of the Lesbian Archive. A building I was certain would be a well-known landmark to Londoners given its obvious importance to the nation. I stopped passing strangers and asked directions. None of them knew but many spent some time regaling me with tales of their slight acquaintance with random lesbians. I never have worked that out.

Please tell me that a true story. Its so funny.