Author Topic: Trump vs Clinton  (Read 10016 times)

Offline Marty

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: Trump vs Clinton
« Reply #30 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:20:00 PM »
I didn't say that.

And anyway, you just said that more than half of the voting public were stupid for voting for Brexit so I don't think we have anything further to talk about.
Sorry marty, I didn't attributed the Trump thing to you. It was more a comment about the American electorate. I should have made that more clear.
 I do standby my Brexit statement though.

You are free to say what you want on here of course. It is after all a place to vent and say what you feel but I cannot help it if I find it a little vulgar to hear someone say that more than half of the voting public are stupid for voting to leave the EU. To me, that in itself is a stupid comment. All those people who voted to leave will be having their thoughts about the intelligence of those who voted to remain but there is after all a thing called common decency and respect for others. I am making a choice to not air my thoughts on here about those who voted to remain in the EU as I know it is wrong. You obviously have different values and calling people stupid is ok in your books. That's all well and good. Maybe I just have more respect for people and I believe that saying that people are stupid is wrong and that leaves me with all kinds of judgements about a person that freely calls other humans stupid. I won't voice them though as I am just not that type of person.

Offline Marty

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #31 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:24:24 PM »
And anyway, you just said that more than half of the voting public were stupid for voting for Brexit so I don't think we have anything further to talk about.

And if more than half the voting public vote for Trump, what will you think of them?

I will think..If only he had better opposition.

Offline Marty

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #32 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:26:06 PM »

And if more than half the voting public vote for Trump, what will you think of them?

I will also be thinking... Well, the majority have spoken. So be it.

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #33 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:32:08 PM »
It irritates me that people can't see the Trump con.  People think politicians are establishment figures telling the electorate what they want to hear in order to get their votes, and they somehow think Trump isn't exactly that and that they're rebelling against the establishment by voting for him. 

But it's a bit more complicated than that too… https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-hate-donald-trump-but-he-might-get-my-vote/2016/06/28/ddeee5f8-398d-11e6-9ccd-d6005beac8b3_story.html
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2016, 08:36:39 PM by Wolfgang »

Offline Aline

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #34 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:37:22 PM »

They were stupid and/or swayed by outright lies. And forgot or didn't know that their region (South Wales, Cornwall, old industrial North East England) benefited hugely from EU grants which are unlikely to be replaced by grants from Westminster.

Offline Marty

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #35 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:40:40 PM »
Is it not possible that those who voted to remain were also fed lies? Or are you saying you know the truth and everyone else is ignorant of the facts?

Those on opposing sides will never agree so is there really any point in arguing about it?

Offline Marty

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #36 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:43:29 PM »
You talk as if you know all the facts. I mean you were totally wrong about your assumption that I was an ambulance chaser.. so you will have to excuse me if I don't take you seriously.
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2016, 08:45:15 PM by Marty »

Offline Aline

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #37 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:44:22 PM »
Is it not possible that those who voted to remain were also fed lies? Or are you saying you know the truth and everyone else is ignorant of the facts?

Those on opposing sides will never agree so is there really any point in arguing about it?

Could you point out some Remain lies please, Marty?

Offline Marty

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #38 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:48:15 PM »

Could you point out some Remain lies please, Marty?

Sorry but I am watching some paint dry. It's far more interesting.

Offline Blythe

• Isle of Man Debating Champion 1981
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
    • http://www.gaydargirls.co.uk/scripts/ndisplay.asp?userid=rebecca-is-out
« Reply #39 on: Jul 26, 2016, 09:00:41 PM »
Are you a painter, Marty?

'Someone take Blythe's mobile phone off her before she says something silly'           kitty

Offline Sorted.

• Slutclique Fluffer
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • Hold your beliefs lightly.
« Reply #40 on: Jul 26, 2016, 09:00:57 PM »

it's a disgusting mud slinging shit storm from the republican party and Trump who is a childish, name calling, dangerous bully -- example of merchandise being sold last week outside the Republican national convention:

[/quote]

Nice.

Offline Marty

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #41 on: Jul 26, 2016, 09:15:15 PM »

Offline Aline

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #42 on: Jul 26, 2016, 09:25:52 PM »
I mean you were totally wrong about your assumption that I was an ambulance chaser.. so you will have to excuse me if I don't take you seriously.

By ambulance chaser I meant that you follow current events (fair enough) and then rather breathlessly post 'DISASTER' or whatever, and are clearly rather excited by it all.

Also you post political updates in here as if no-one except you actually has the internet.

Offline Marty

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #43 on: Jul 26, 2016, 09:32:45 PM »
Well, however you meant it, I am sure you are aware that it was not a nice comment to make to someone.

I have never breathlessly posted DISASTER.

I am also not always excited. Just interested.

I watch the news so I may post a breaking news story every now and again.

I will continue to do so whenever I feel like it.

I don't make judgements about the dross that you post so have some control and stop acting like your posts are ok and mine are not.

Jesus....

Betty Boothroyds tears

« Reply #44 on: Jul 26, 2016, 09:33:03 PM »

They were stupid and/or swayed by outright lies. And forgot or didn't know that their region (South Wales, Cornwall, old industrial North East England) benefited hugely from EU grants which are unlikely to be replaced by grants from Westminster.

I agree with your general point and  know Wales did benefit a lot. The North East figures I saw were surprisingly low, though. They weren't getting much out of the pot at all from what I saw.

The north east got some funding from the EU when the pits closed and they became one the most poverty stricken regions in Europe. But it was not spent on the ordinary people. I watched in despair as well to do hippies from Greenwich and the Isle of Mull descended on the place with their funding applications to teach dosey-do workshops to the impoverished and set up craft think tanks on how to make corn dollies. It was obscene. First thing they would do once the funding was in place was to employ their significant other as Chair of the project and award them 3 years paternity leave. The money was milked dry. And I think it's one of the reasons that people lost faith in collective social enterprises.

I had the agony of watching all my school mates from the North East posting Britian First memes on social media. When we were growing up there was always one weirdo who was in the National Front. now they are all so scared and angry of Daesh and mad men with axes that they all want to vote UKIP. It's the first time I have ever felt ashamed of my birth place.
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2016, 10:02:25 PM by Betty Boothroyd's tears »