Author Topic: Trump vs Clinton  (Read 8462 times)

Offline Sorted.

• Slutclique Fluffer
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • Hold your beliefs lightly.

Offline Medusa

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: Trump vs Clinton
« Reply #256 on: Feb 25, 2017, 07:15:44 PM »
pba: I don't mind you copying and pasting that comment of mine, no. I thought to myself at the time that it probably belonged in the other thread, anyway.

I understand what you're saying. I just don't agree. I think the personality (actual or perceived) and the charisma of any politician plays a massive part in 21st century politics, as does their relationship with the media. Someone with the right characteristics would talk utter b*ollocks and still get elected, as Donald Trump both said and then demonstrated. I just don't think JC has those things going for him.
Every day is a bad hair day.

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #257 on: Feb 25, 2017, 09:29:50 PM »
If it is a case of the Labour leader alone losing voters then people should look back because it seems a later Blair, Brown and Miliband could not have been ideal leaders either as all lost a considerable amount of voters. 
That is what normally happens after a landslide though.

Cat Smith branded Copeland ' an incredible achievement' for Labour.

Copeland.

That's a Trump moment.

Up there with Diane Abbott's,

"This is slow progress" when we LOST seats in the council elections.

How the f@ck can losing seats be progress, slow or otherwise?

I think any orthodox success would be considered selling out now.  Paul Mason is now saying "We will come to power as a political insurgency and in a crisis. It will not be business as usual."

Offline Betty Croker's frosted buns

• Gingerbeer Virgin
« Reply #258 on: Feb 25, 2017, 09:47:18 PM »
Laughably, they are less well placed to do that than to get conventionally elected. The right wing reflect  the genuine momentum of political swing  at the moment and are better placed in all departments from grass roots to executive players to exploit any crisis. They live in a fantasy world.

Offline Grey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • old school old butch
« Reply #259 on: Feb 26, 2017, 04:20:33 PM »
If the world would learn to shrug and roll it's eyes instead of explaining the real and rational obvious every time Trump opens his stupid mouth
for example Sweden has had several news articles disputing his false accusations about their crime rates
The troglodytes won't believe it anyhow and the fuss just feeds the bloated egos

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #260 on: Feb 26, 2017, 11:32:53 PM »
On the weekend I caught up with what happened later in the week in Sweden and now I no longer find it funny or scary in the same way as I did last week.

I thought last week that it meant that Trump was truly bonkers.

Now I think he knows exactly what he's doing and it's even more chilling. Basically, because Sweden has had a reputation for years of being at the forefront of social , erm, I've forgotten what it's called, but y' know, having a good social security system and being in favour of equality on many fronts etc etc, well, because of that (I feel a bit dumb for not having realised this earlier) right wing extremists have apparently been trying to discredit the Swedish system for years. Basically, trying to pick holes in their system because it is the opposite of what they believe in.

And now they've put Trump in the Whitehouse to use his platform to spout this crap. He's not a nutter, he knows exactly what he's doing. Which is even worse.

That's my current view. It may be different next week...

Offline Marty

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #261 on: Feb 26, 2017, 11:41:21 PM »
You are right there LFL.

Offline Grey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • old school old butch
« Reply #262 on: Feb 27, 2017, 01:52:00 PM »
Trump is a psychopath and he's blatantly ignorant on so many levels and inarticulate with it BUT he is shrewd in that menacing way his sort are and he is surrounded by geniuses well versed in fascism and appealing to baser instincts in power plays

The newly elected DNC chair with impeccable credentials doesn't appeal to the more liberal Bernie crowd even though their candidate is also the deputy chair and they are both exhorting the Dems for unity but the more liberal(or whatever they're calling themselves) may refuse to support the committee
In the meantime hundreds more headstones were just vandalized in a Jewish cemetery this time in Philadelphia
But apparently we have plenty of time to debate every nuance and every little feeling before we ultimately unite and start fighting back
No rush 

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #263 on: Mar 13, 2017, 07:49:39 PM »
If there was Trump v Blair v 3rd party election how would you vote?

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #264 on: Apr 24, 2017, 05:23:21 PM »
 That I don't like being on my own.