Author Topic: Trump vs Clinton  (Read 7520 times)

Offline Sorted.

• Slutclique Fluffer
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • Hold your beliefs lightly.
Re: Trump vs Clinton
« Reply #15 on: Jul 26, 2016, 06:54:47 PM »
He isnt able to say how he's going to get things done though..he's a walking soundbite.

Offline Sorted.

• Slutclique Fluffer
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
« Reply #16 on: Jul 26, 2016, 06:56:16 PM »
She deleted loads of incriminating emails and said she was poor when in fact, she's very rich. Many people think she should be in jail.

Who Thais?   :o

Is orange her colour?

Offline Chewwy

• U16 Doubles Table Tennis Champion 2018
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • I'm an okay arsehole.
« Reply #17 on: Jul 26, 2016, 07:03:06 PM »
Season 5, episode 1.  Orange headdress.
Hear me RoaaAAARRRRRrrrrr.......... purrrrRRRR.

Online Marty

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #18 on: Jul 26, 2016, 07:09:00 PM »
He isnt able to say how he's going to get things done though..he's a walking soundbite.

I don't think most people care about the ins and outs. They just know Hillary is corrupt and unrealistic.

Online Marty

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #19 on: Jul 26, 2016, 07:10:05 PM »
I don't know that though. I am just saying what a lot of people think.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #20 on: Jul 26, 2016, 07:12:22 PM »
 As opposed to Donald Trump, who is corrupt and unrealistic, but at least he's a man, right? 

Online Marty

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #21 on: Jul 26, 2016, 07:15:00 PM »
I didn't say that.

And anyway, you just said that more than half of the voting public were stupid for voting for Brexit so I don't think we have anything further to talk about.

Offline Sorted.

• Slutclique Fluffer
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
« Reply #22 on: Jul 26, 2016, 07:18:57 PM »
As opposed to Donald Trump, who is corrupt and unrealistic, but at least he's a man, right?

On Newsnight yesterday, some farmer chap from one of the farming states actually said he was only votinf for Trump because he was a man who could deal with Arab leaders.

He actually said, You don't send your momma to deal with bullies'

I wouldn't send a man like Trump to deal with anything.

Offline Rachael

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #23 on: Jul 26, 2016, 07:25:17 PM »
I watched a programme last night about Hillary that said she'd defied the Secret Service and only used her own email address rather than the specified one, for all her official emails, and here is the clincher, thereby bypassing the Freedom of Information laws.

this is a big factor -- there were i think 3 email (out of tens of thousands) that had details of classified or secure information that may have impacted ongoing operations or put government personnel in harms way should the emails have been accessed by someone they weren't meant for.  This was apparent;y more likely from her personal server that than the 'secure' government one.   (hello wikileaks)

she is seen as 'the establishment' due to her history as first lady and the connections that brings (no mention of the experience that brings, and discounting her experience as senator for NY and sec of state.)

related to above -- she has taken campaign donations from 'big business' so is thus seen as being 'owned' and beholden to the banks and pharma industry (the republican party being practically owned by the NRA is apparently different)

she voted for the Iraq war (as did Trumps VP nominee, but apparently that's ok)

it's a disgusting mud slinging shit storm from the republican party and Trump who is a childish, name calling, dangerous bully -- example of merchandise being sold last week outside the Republican national convention:

Offline Rachael

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #24 on: Jul 26, 2016, 07:28:05 PM »
She deleted loads of incriminating emails and said she was poor when in fact, she's very rich. Many people think she should be in jail.

Who Thais?   :o

Is orange her colour?

it's definitely his...

Online Marty

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #25 on: Jul 26, 2016, 07:33:10 PM »
 ;D

Offline Jˇhanna Sigur­ardˇttir

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #26 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:02:07 PM »
The world likes to think that something like The Holocaust (or even something smaller, like the Milgram experiment results) would never happen today in our more enlightened society - that people make better decisions and would never be persuaded by an evil, charismatic leader. I'm not saying Trump is as evil as Hitler, but it is unnerving to see how quickly one man with discriminatory ideas can incite irrational hatred in millions of people. With ease. He didn't have to try be clever or use sophisticated arguments. He repeats the same nonsense over and over.

So a lot of people say that what is more disturbing than Trump himself - because he is, after all, just one person - is how easily the stupid people have fallen in love with him. The world is full of extremely stupid people whose decisions contribute to the running of society.

Online Marty

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #27 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:06:20 PM »
And this is precisely why there is no hope. It is better to resign yourself to the fact that all that was good in the world will soon be gone. Just enjoy the ride as best as you can and try not to stress about it.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #28 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:08:49 PM »
I didn't say that.

And anyway, you just said that more than half of the voting public were stupid for voting for Brexit so I don't think we have anything further to talk about.
Sorry marty, I didn't attributed the Trump thing to you. It was more a comment about the American electorate. I should have made that more clear.
 I do standby my Brexit statement though. 

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #29 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:14:48 PM »

And if more than half the voting public vote for Trump, what will you think of them?
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D