Author Topic: Broken relationships  (Read 786 times)

Offline Earl

• Gingerbeer Diva
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Broken relationships
« on: Jun 18, 2016, 12:07:00 AM »
There was an article in a recent newspaper about a Museum of Broken Relationships. The organisers had advertised for items which represented past relationships to be donated and exhibited. One exhibit was a g-string made of sweets...with a note attached which read 'just like your presents, you turned out to be cheap and tacky'.

I once cut up someone's left-behind clothes. True story. They absolutely deserved it....and it really did make me feel better. So for me, if I still had them, a pair of blunt scissors.

What would you donate? And why?
Nye Bevan, 'the NHS will exist for only as long as the people fight for it'...or something like that.

dukovearl

Re: Broken relationships
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2016, 09:06:15 AM »
I sold someone's (seldom played) record collection at a car boot sale and used the proceeds on a holiday with my kids. I suppose I could have donated the empty cardboard boxes to a museum.

oldbutnew

« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2016, 05:33:23 PM »
Nothing because I would make sure the person took all their stuff with them when they left so I would not be left with anything to donate.  However if I found anything, I would ask the person to come and collect them or send them on if I knew where they lived or if not, send them to Oxfam.

Saga N

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2016, 08:22:23 PM »
I smashed up a mug with her initials on. It was cathartic. I've got fragments of it in my flower beds now.

Mug. Perhaps that describes me.  ::)

Offline nismat

• Gingerbeer Devotee
« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2016, 11:28:28 PM »
I left my ex, so I left all the crap behind

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #5 on: Jul 08, 2016, 06:57:03 PM »
some long redhair. any other breakups are my close friends now who all love my partner of 1 & 1/2 years.
accept what is,let go of what was and have  faith in what will be

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #6 on: Jul 08, 2016, 08:05:41 PM »
If you already knew the museum existed when the relationship ended, you could save things that would otherwise go in the bin. Like the burnt remains of a marriage certificate....

Offline Greendog

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2016, 01:00:14 AM »
I still have my ex's Flora Marathon runners number (I couldn't throw that out) I have a photograph of my first husband in his toy car, I have old passports, and oddly the paw print and ashes of his pet - I don't think I could donate any of these.  Thinking about I can't think of anything I might donate because I'm attached to so much of this memorabilia myself. 

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #8 on: Jul 31, 2016, 02:30:56 PM »
my longest x, 15 years, has been our home guest for 5 days. We broke up because of incompatibility when it came to discussing our retirement aims.
It might make a difference when someone  cheats on you or something like that. Wasn't the case & she introduced me to my current sweet heart of almost 2 years..
I have not cut clothes, donated clothes or  anything,for that matter. Simply figured that like the seasons, life changes. Sylvia  and I have been through 7 seasons. Seasons changed. WE had some bad health, but our love grows.

Hopefully, there will be no more broken relationships in my lifetime...in OUR  lifetime.

I wish the same for all who read this.
accept what is,let go of what was and have  faith in what will be

Offline Xof the Elder

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 25, 2017, 11:05:06 PM »
Fun!

The endless balls of hair that I still find around the flat despite multiple hoovers and washing machine cycles! They're even inside the foam cushions of the sofa that is covered by a throw and cushion covers! I swear the woman brushed her hair out onto the floor and into my pants drawer quite on purpose! Months later I've been for jimmy riddle at work at pulled ex hairs out of my under garments

The collection of other women's socks that live in my sock drawer. Vow to date women who wear tights only from now on - there will be little confusion going forward.

I'd also like to donate the shit off my iPod. It's funny how femme lesbians all seem to love really dykey stereotypical artists - if I never hear another teegan and Sarah or bjork song it'll be too soon.
Older, wiser, and still the best looking one on here