Double room available in Barking from 01/06/2016
Pictures available on http://spareroom.co.uk/3882565
We are two quiet 35 years old professionnal females: a French Admin (me/ flat owner) and a British nurse, who shares her room with her lovely 6years old cat. The flat is eco-friendly (from recycling to ecological cleaning products to ethical/sustainable energy suppliers). All bills included (electricity/gas/council tax/service charges/water/Virgin Fibre Internet). Friends and visitors welcome. Cleaning rota (every 4 weeks) is negotiable (against extra paiement). Preference will be given to employed females.
Whilst I will try to answer every email, I usually like to know a bit more about people before organizing a viewing (Where are you from? Where do you work? What kind of home environment are you looking for? How long are you planning to stay in the flat? Details about your hobbies or anything relevant...). Obviously, I'd more than welcome any question you may have too about us or the flat.
The flat comprises of:
- 3 bedroom, of which one is available from 01/06/2016. This is a standard double bedroom (includes a double bed, standard chest of drawers, standard wardrobe, small bedside bookshelf, dedicated cloth airer, small metal desk and chair), blinds + net curtains + lined curtains (for extra privacy), lockable door, surge-protected extension leads, bed covers/rug/cushions(matching the curtains)
- A garden (offers clothes-drying space, a good sized paved area, a lawn and a brick barbecue and a bench for those sunny days)
- A large shared living room with a large Freeview Smart TV, sofa, chairs, pool table and exercise bike.
- A kitchen (with all usual appliances: dual-fuel cooker, washing machine, microwave, huge fridge-freezer... and much more: from cake tins to food processor to a really large selection of pans, dishes and cutlery)
- A Bathroom (with several shelves for each housemate's toiletries)
The Flat itself contains many more items not always included in shared accommodation: shoe cabinet, ironing table and ironing board, rechargeable battery charger, books & games to name only a few.
Transport-wise the flat is located in Barking, Essex IG11 7AL.
It's 5 minutes walk (Google says 7 but even with my little legs it does not take me that long) from Barking station:
FenchurchStreet/TowerGate way is a 15min train ride away
2 tube lines (District / Hamersmith & City)
overground (Barking-Gospel Oak line
frequent trains to West Ham, LimeHouse, Liverpool Street and Southend (see national rail website for times).
Just outside the flat are multiple bus routes and the N15 night bus is just 5min away.
The area is great with Lidl and Asda (open 7am-11pm weekdays) located 2/3min walk away.
Just across the road are the Abbey Sport Centre, the library (open till 21: 30 4 days a week) and The Broadway (Half Theatre/Cinema).
Barking has a famously large market, many shops/pubs/restaurants and quick links to Ilford/Beckton (for even more shopping/dining opportunities.)