Author Topic: God. The Entity's Future?  (Read 1334 times)

Lydia

God. The Entity's Future?
« on: May 14, 2016, 09:15:19 PM »
Been having a spot of thinkiness, and am in need of reflections on this. This being God. My logic goes that, if the universe is definitely going to contract, eventually in the future, where does that leave God?

What is going to be 'His' role in the universe then, if there aren't any creatures for 'Him' to concern himself with. And what happens to 'Him' when there will be no 'space' for 'His' Entity to 'exist' within..?

What would be the whole point of God's plan, if the ultimate destiny of mankind, or any other alien beings in this universe, is to be annihilation?

What of all the painters, and philosophers etc, and all their meditations on free will etc, if 'He' is going to end up entirely on 'His' own at the end of the day?

Would he have a 'Socrates moment' and if so, how would 'He' go about that? Would life seem 'meaningless and absurd' just like the questions in this new thread...? Any suggestions on this?

Offline outoforder

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: God. The Entity's Future?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 10:46:25 PM »
it must be lonely being God, mustn't it?

I bet He has his fingers in many pies universes though and dimensions of stuff we have no idea about.

Lydia

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 01:43:31 AM »
But what do you think his ultimate game plan is? He must have one? How long do you think he has been languishing in this world, in solitaire?

Perhaps I ought to send this question into one of Radio 4 entertainment shows, with Sandi Tosvig as presenter. It would prove very interesting to see what idea their throw back on such a topic. They go in for all that surreal stuff...!

Offline Annathos

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2017, 08:36:36 AM »
He is the creator of us. So he has the right to decide according to his plan.

Offline JHopten

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2017, 11:12:13 PM »
I think he would have to join the cosmos and accept that it was nothing to do with him,  and start to really marvel at it,  and then he could be at one with all of us .... how delightful.....

Offline hellohowareyoutoday

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2017, 11:31:52 PM »
It is not common knowledge to many, but 11 years ago God decided to give up his omnipotence and take the body of a mortal cat named Socks who lives in Surrey. We do not know how long God/Socks will be with us all, so events in the distant future are not relevant to ex-God.