Author Topic: So... Labour..  (Read 73588 times)

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: So... Labour..
« Reply #1545 on: Apr 28, 2018, 01:18:42 PM »
 I will vote labour, as usual, in the local election. Corbyn is a shambles but Iím voting on an ABC basis. Anybody but the Conservatives.

the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

[...]

« Reply #1546 on: Apr 28, 2018, 01:53:10 PM »
^^I don't want to do the Tories' dirty work and I think the danger from them is far greater than anything Corbyn has done or could do.

Corbyn described murderous dictators bent on the destruction of half my family as, 'in a manner of speaking', "friends", and I still don't care and think Labour with or without him is the only option.

Corbyn may feel Stalin was misunderstood but provided he keeps it to himself, I don't care about that either.

May thought she could strip 50,000 people of their right to be here. It shouldn't just be people like my London born Jamaican friends who are anticipating that future passport renewals might not be straightforward. We should all be thinking 'who's next?'

The Greens have just this minute put another, identical leaflet through my door, so much for the environment. They're trying to win the Labour vote. The Tories' election leaflet had a lovely confusion over they're and their, from a man keen on education. It's actually kind of easy here to vote Labour as the least eccentric choice.

Offline Quack

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1547 on: Apr 28, 2018, 03:42:32 PM »
I don't think that criticising Corbyn is doing the Tories' dirty work. I think criticism is part of a healthy political system.

At this point I will still be voting for Labour because I don't like the alternatives. I can't bring myself to vote for the Conservatives for the reasons you have mentioned and many more. And voting for the other parties is simply a protest vote.

It is my personal view is that it's my responsibility to vote for someone - even if I don't like the options.  To not vote or to spoil my vote is abdicating my responsibility. But I'm making this choice knowing that it could ultimately be the wrong choice.

However, I'm also fortunate (?) in that my vote is unlikely to make a difference because I live in a Conservative stronghold so I can stick by my left-wing principles without having to have it mean anything. I honestly don't know what I would do if someone said to me "it's your choice, you are the sole person who gets to decide if May or Corbyn is Prime Minister". 

Online Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1548 on: Apr 28, 2018, 03:50:41 PM »
I went Labour-Labour-Green
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

Offline Betty Croker's frosted buns

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1549 on: May 03, 2018, 09:40:42 AM »
Feels weird not to be voting today. I used to be one of the first ones there.

in 2010 I felt so gutted to turn up at the Polling Station and find there was no Labour candidate to vote for. Today I'd feel sick voting for them.

I was going to vote in the GE for the Womens' Party but one of their branches was supporting transwoman Tara Wolf in her defence of punching feminists.

What a world we live in.
And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.......

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1550 on: May 03, 2018, 10:08:02 AM »
 I shall be going out a bit later to vote. I donít think I will be encountering any queues at the polling station around here. Itíll be labour as usual, even though the manifesto leaflet hardly set my world on fire. Best of a bad bunch Iím afraid. 

Offline Sorted.

• Slutclique Fluffer
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • Hold your beliefs lightly.
« Reply #1551 on: May 03, 2018, 10:35:40 AM »
I spoiled my vote - with a message for Jeremy and a
Message for Theresa - best fun Iíve ever had voting.    No one is owed a vote and none of this shower appeal.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1552 on: May 03, 2018, 10:45:34 AM »
My constituency lot are vile. Like a group of drunk teenagers who want to kick bins over.

And we had an excellent local prospective MP who they just totally disrespected, mocked and got rid of because she wasn't in their clique.

I'd love to vote on the best of bad job basis but then I look at Len McLuskey, Jackie Walker etc and I get the chills. These are the "great" man's allies.

Corbyn stands there finally saying "anti-semitism IS a problem in the Labour Party and we need to deal with it" and you only have to log in to Twitter for 2 seconds to see that is the case. You only have to look at Corbyn condemning the holocaust on his official Twitter account and look at the comments from his own supporters underneath it undermining his condemnation saying there were worse genocides other places, it didn't happen, its not as bad as what Isreal are doing to the Palestinians yadda yadda.

And then two minutes later, Len McCluskey's all over the news stating that there is no problem in the Labour Party with antisemitism at all reasuring the faithful thats all spin. So they feel suitably reassured that they can go back to being "for the many not the jew".

Offline Blythe

• Isle of Man Debating Champion 1981
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
    • http://www.gaydargirls.co.uk/scripts/ndisplay.asp?userid=rebecca-is-out
« Reply #1553 on: May 03, 2018, 11:59:18 PM »
Quite an awkward evening.
The local candidate (Labour) knocked and got an earful about anti semitism from the eldest offspring and then I turned up and gave his other earful a fill of Labour's attitude to all women's shortlist as how I feel Jeremy has failed women as Jewish people. The man was squirming and fell back on the ridiculous excuse that he didn't read papers or social media just books.
I pointed out that perhaps that's why he was denying there was any antisemitism or misogyny in the party...

Then I spoiled my ballot for the first time ever.
'Someone take Blythe's mobile phone off her before she says something silly'           kitty

Offline Oso

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #1554 on: May 04, 2018, 06:30:37 AM »
I must admit for the first time in my voting life I seriously considered not voting at all but I couldnít bring myself to do it. It was an all out election here & I did however only vote for two candidates. Iím just on my way home from working the count last night / this morning & dishearten doesnít even begin to describe it. I was surprised at the number of very young Tory candidates wondering around in their little suits and ties though.  Iím not sure why I was surprised but itís like theyíre being cloned in little pods or something.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1555 on: May 04, 2018, 10:18:13 AM »
 If the Labour Party were anything like they should have annihilated this lot.  Fucking disgrace politics in this country at the moment. There is nothing to vote for. History will not reflect kindly on these days.   

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1556 on: May 04, 2018, 10:30:33 AM »
Owen Jones dancing about all triggered this morning defending "the People's Momentum".

"Everywhere the People's Momentum campaigned our vote increased" - everyone's vote increased mate, because UKIP exploded and it was about who picked up the spoils.

You could have sat on your a*se and done nothing and picked up votes from the fallout alone.

If People's Momentum hadn't been alienating Labour voters and party members, Labour would have walked it.

Gutted to see Labour lose 4 councillors in Sunderland to the Conservatives and the Lib Dems.

If we can't batter the Tories now when are we ever going to?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:41:38 AM by Betty Croker's frosted buns »

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1557 on: May 04, 2018, 10:37:14 AM »
The man was squirming and fell back on the ridiculous excuse that he didn't read papers or social media just books.

Lol. Is he confusing being Labour with being Amish?

Btw my constituency didn't make an appearance. They've bought software with Labour Party funds so they can identify which members are reading the minutes and other correspondence they send out. They are well creepy dudes.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:54:17 AM by Betty Croker's frosted buns »

Online Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1558 on: May 05, 2018, 07:01:53 PM »
So Labour lost my area (Barnet) bc anti-anti-Semitism.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 10:25:53 PM by Wolfgang »
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

Offline Top

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1559 on: May 09, 2018, 08:10:35 PM »
So Labour lost my area (Barnet) bc anti-anti-Semitism.

Now whereís that little cupcake who was telling us that anti semitism in the Labour Party didnít matter because there arenít many Jews?
I'm reporting you to the mods for annoying me to the point where I become ill and have to take tranquillisers.  - Wolfie