Author Topic: What makes someone 'wife material'?  (Read 2004 times)

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: What makes someone 'wife material'?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 14, 2017, 02:11:48 PM »
1, Great intellectual chemistry.
2, Amazing sexual chemistry.
3, Compatability in humour, fun.
4, Patience, tolerance, (she'll need it with me! ::))
5, Likes, children, enjoys their company.
6, Loves, or likes ironing.
7, Availability!
 :)
for me,#1,2,3,4,7
accept what is,let go of what was and have  faith in what will be

Offline Vickilipstick

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #31 on: Mar 07, 2017, 05:26:18 PM »
Or ask another question. If you were not you, would you want to live with you?
I wouldnt!!! Im a bloody nightmare  :o

lil_moomin

« Reply #32 on: Mar 07, 2017, 05:39:25 PM »
Quite frankly I wouldn't want to live with anyone.

Offline Xof the Elder

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #33 on: Mar 25, 2017, 10:31:51 PM »
Hmmmmm

I feel well placed to answer this having had more wives and girlfriends than was necessary. There was nothing wrong with the first one, she was excellent wife material and is indeed now someone else's wife, mores the pity! If you're struggling, maybe through too much choice or over thinking, can be a good idea to go right back to the start. I puzzled my way - way away - from the start looking for a bleeding heart and talking myself out of my desires to find a socially acceptable solution - that failed. Then I would flip flop between what I really wanted and what I thought i should want. So the truth is, wife material is likely what you always craved and what you dated before life got confusing, and for me, any bloke and any butch not lying to impress you; 'a maid in the living room, a cook in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom". I'm a bit greedier than that still as I do love the cut and thrust of a good argument, dull to have things all my own way all the time.. Huffy women are ok if you can tickle them around, if not then don't bother.

There's got to be enough of your 'must have' boxes to find her and keep finding her attractive too - Would you want a wife with uninspiring tits? Even if she was lovely? Then you spend a year with a woman like that. Those years add up! Raise the bar high! Sex matters
Older, wiser, and still the best looking one on here

Offline FreeRangeHen

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #34 on: Mar 31, 2017, 06:54:41 PM »
For me - what made someone wife material was plain old-fashioned luck and (for my part), relaxing, going with the flow and abandoning all the game-playing and drama that had blighted my previous relationships.  My partner is the woman who arrived in my life and made me forget all of my lists of requirements for "wife material".  In my experience - it simply happened.  After years of searching and reviewing my criteria for a partner, the right woman just walked into my life.  I'm not being smug - I went through years of defective, damaging relationships.  I was renowned for being single and most of my friends had me down as a lifelong singleton.  I'm just very lucky and I'm incredibly grateful.  In the word's of my father-in-law - there's a lid for every pot - and to my mind - that's what it's all about.  You just have to wait until you meet the right person.  And yes - it can take a long time (it took me years and years) before that happens but it's well worth the wait.

berdache

« Reply #35 on: Apr 01, 2017, 10:59:28 PM »
Good wife material is likely to be someone you initially consider quite boring and not your ideal type, but who would in fact be perfect for you.

Most people are drawn to echoes of their own parents, meaning someone who will hurt you in ways your parents did.

Offline Tired & Confused

• Gingerbeer Virgin
« Reply #36 on: Apr 01, 2017, 11:23:19 PM »
Good wife material is likely to be someone you initially consider quite boring and not your ideal type, but who would in fact be perfect for you.

Limitless possibilities, in that case.

Edited to add: like the name.
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2017, 11:25:37 PM by Tired & Confused »

berdache

« Reply #37 on: Apr 01, 2017, 11:47:13 PM »
Cheers 😊

Offline Earl

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #38 on: Apr 02, 2017, 02:51:27 PM »

Most people are drawn to echoes of their own parents, meaning someone who will hurt you in ways your parents did.

Ooh wee, that's deep, but is it true? And why? Is a liking/disliking of one's parents relevant?

On a shallower note, years ago I came across a theory that what we wish for is a humanised version of our favourite animal. Before I knew why I was being asked, I chose horse. Then, you give three reasons for your choice....So mine were, strong, sleek, and wild. Did I mention the shallow bit? Maybe my ex-relationships are 'ex' because I've ignored these vital characteristics?
Nye Bevan, 'the NHS will exist for only as long as the people fight for it'...or something like that.

berdache

« Reply #39 on: Apr 02, 2017, 08:37:12 PM »
It's a fairly standard line in psychotherapy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuV80wYRld0

Offline Earl

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #40 on: Apr 02, 2017, 09:40:09 PM »
Ok. But you said 'most' people and I assumed most, as opposed to those who seem drawn to destructive relationships.

And damn, the voice on that clip was creeepy.
Nye Bevan, 'the NHS will exist for only as long as the people fight for it'...or something like that.

berdache

« Reply #41 on: Apr 02, 2017, 10:44:02 PM »
Okidokey then. You can excuse yourself.  :)