Author Topic: Where are all my Northern Sisters?  (Read 474 times)

Offline callie.x

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Where are all my Northern Sisters?
« on: Apr 04, 2016, 03:46:37 AM »
If you've opened this topic it's a good start - so please don't go..
Stay on... Read for a while..

I take it from the lack of threads in this section, that info on "real life" events taking place, don't really exist here. Is that because most of you ladies are living in London/elsewhere/anywhere that's not Manchester?
Or are you finding events through others means?
Or are you all so happy and fulfilled by your personal/social life that you just don't need or even have the time to meet or fit in new people?

So many questions. 

Cal x
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2016, 03:49:32 AM by callie.x »

Offline Shortcut

• Gingerbeer Virgin
Re: Where are all my Northern Sisters?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2016, 07:27:42 AM »
Hi Callie, and welcome to the site. I'm in Manchester too. A good place to start would be to sign up to the women's newsletter from the LGBT centre, you will find links on there to many groups. If you've already done this, apologies, but it's the best suggestion I've got at the moment. Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Offline callie.x

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2016, 05:26:45 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't signed up for their bulletin but have now. Also just noticed that they hold women's social meetups there (carousel; stepping stones; bloomers-for >40s) - one of which is tonight. If I can shake the nerves I might take myself along. 

Really appreciate you taking the time to respond. Thank you muchly!

C x

Offline sealion

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2016, 04:13:22 PM »
I used to live in the Manchester area, Stepping Stones is a helpful group. I also used to go to an art class at the LGBT centre and various events at the Pankhurst Womens Centre