Author Topic: Brighton  (Read 5046 times)

Offline MRGİ

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Brighton
« on: Mar 27, 2007, 01:59:03 PM »
We are looking to goto Pride in Brighton this year.

I am having trouble finding reasonably priced B&B's / hotels.

All the ones i find seem to be booked for that weekend already.

Any ideas please.

My world is an emotional rollercoaster and those who are not on the same ride are doomed to confusion....

Offline landanna

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • "Girls just wanna have fun"
Re: Brighton
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2007, 02:44:57 PM »
camping

pull an all nighter

rent a minibus and sleep in it!

sleep in a car

hope to meet someone who would kindly offer you a place to sleep for the night

hostel

go down to brighton and try to book in person, some hotels may not have an internet site therefore would not be booked up as fast!

"when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt"

"friendship is the new foreplay"

Offline MRGİ

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2007, 03:41:07 PM »
camping

pull an all nighter

sleep in a car

hostel

go down to brighton and try to book in person, some hotels may not have an internet site therefore would not be booked up as fast!

All quite good ideas but alas i am a creature of comfort and need my nice bed and hot shower!
As we are travelling down we will stay the whole weekend so its not about an 'all nighter' :)

Its true i did find many B&B listings without websites ( so annoying in this day and age lol) but the thought of calling them all one by one is not a nice thought!
I am a planner and considering how booked up the place is already I couldn't risk leaving it to chance on arrival.

:)
My world is an emotional rollercoaster and those who are not on the same ride are doomed to confusion....

Offline opc

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • omgzz opc
    • Project Caramel
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2007, 05:21:39 PM »
camping

pull an all nighter

sleep in a car

hostel

They are always expensive and booking usually starts in Jan. oops  :(

All quite good ideas but alas i am a creature of comfort and need my nice bed and hot shower!
As we are travelling down we will stay the whole weekend so its not about an 'all nighter' :)

Its true i did find many B&B listings without websites ( so annoying in this day and age lol) but the thought of calling them all one by one is not a nice thought!
I am a planner and considering how booked up the place is already I couldn't risk leaving it to chance on arrival.

:)
dominate me

Offline Archie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Unsolved crimes and ladies of 18th c a speciality
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2007, 07:03:50 PM »
Most hotels won't book you in for 1 night.  If you can book for longer then that may be a way in.  However,  I spent a good half a day just after Christmas trying to book and ended up paying through the nose for somewhere!

There is a camp site out at Whitehawk which is pretty good but may be filling up.  You'd need a cab or a bus in though.

If you get desparate, I may rent out my vintage VW.  ;D

Offline Auteur

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2007, 08:10:18 PM »
I recommend the link below, if budget is a main concern. And from memory, I think the 5 or 5A will take you straight into town.     

< = dragged up around the corner in Withdean.

http://www.stilwell.co.uk/show_town.asp?Q=hostels%7CL4245378

The lovely thing about acting is that it's a relief from acting.
- Streep

Offline MRGİ

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2007, 09:30:35 PM »
I recommend the link below, if budget is a main concern. And from memory, I think the 5 or 5A will take you straight into town.     

< = dragged up around the corner in Withdean.

http://www.stilwell.co.uk/show_town.asp?Q=hostels%7CL4245378

Thanks for the link - but i re-iterate - creature comforts! lol
I want my own room !

Offline B.O.B.

• "Going out with the most gorgeous Beerie"
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • Don the tache!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2007, 02:08:14 PM »
We had to book for two nights.  I think we're in the Ramada.  We started looking about a month ago, and had real problems finding anywhere with rooms.
.... which is nice.

deviant

« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2007, 03:09:21 PM »
Try Worthing, Shoreham, Lancing & you can still get the train into Brighton - I think it's only one stop....

Offline Indiana

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #9 on: Mar 29, 2007, 07:31:34 PM »
We had problems finding somewhere in Brighton so we are staying at the travelodge in Hickstead, its close enough that we can get the bus into Brighton
Confidence is the sexiest thing a woman can have. It's much sexier than any body part.

lillythepink

« Reply #10 on: Apr 01, 2007, 03:22:14 AM »
I'm really lucky, I grew up in Brighton and parents still living there so I just go and stay with them for Pride :) Maybe I should advise them to open up as a B&B for the weekend, they'd obviously make a killing if everyone is having problems with accomodation...!
Staying just out of town and commuting in is a good plan, but be aware that taxis will be few and far between (as they are on any regular saturday night, let alone pride!), and if you're planning on going out in the evening you'll have to leave pretty early to get the last train... Thus, night buses:

N7 HOVE - Hove Station - Seven Dials - Brighton Station - Queens Road - Old Steine - St Georges Road - County Hospital - BRIGHTON MARINA  30 minutes all night
N25 PORTSLADE STATION - Palmeira Square - Churchill Square - Old Steine - St Peters Church - Lewes Rd - SUSSEX UNIVERSITY  30 minutes all night
N69 BRIGHTON - Hurstpierpoint - Hassocks - Burgess Hill - HAYWARDS HEATH  Nightclub Bus
N98 BRIGHTON MARINA - County Hospital - Brighton Station - Town Centre - Hove - Portslade Stn - Hangleton - Downs Park - MILE OAK Nightclub Bus
N99 BRIGHTON STN - Town Centre - Whitehawk - Woodingdean - Rottingdean - PEACEHAVEN 

Not sure whether sussex uni rent out their rooms in the summer - maybe an option to check out? Unis usually have nice single rooms, often with ensuites at a reasonable price during student holidays.
NB Don't stay in whitehawk or woodingdean...! (I doubt there are hotels there, but just in case!)

Offline mona ramsey

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #11 on: Apr 08, 2007, 05:18:10 PM »
Kinda in the same boat... booked that weekend off work and haven't even thought about where I'm staying... I did the same thing a few years back and managed find an ok b&b on the day I arrived though....

Braveheart

« Reply #12 on: Apr 10, 2007, 04:33:04 PM »
I have just managed to get a booking, and that is 4 months before... hurry hurry :D