Author Topic: If you like girls click here!!!!  (Read 7662 times)

portal_of_purple_pleasure

Re: If you like girls click here!!!!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 28, 2007, 11:06:43 AM »
just to let you know a few peeps are thinking of going to the oak bar tonight, you might want to check it out.
If i don't feel like i'm in the process of dying still i'd be happy to pop over myself, it's on green lanes i think...anyway check the thread.

Ri

Shanti

« Reply #16 on: Dec 30, 2007, 02:10:31 AM »
Suggest they start one hun, that would be wicked.

Sadly, the deadline for starting a soc passed just after we got here, I tried, but the Soc's people got back to me the day before the deadline and the only way to do it was to get at least 10 other people to say they would join [not sure if its safe to stand about in East London sayin 'Im a homo, whose with me?!']

So, yup. still suffocating in a vast sea of wannabe gangsta str8's.
I'd imagine you could get an LGBT officer position set up by putting a motion in to your student union AGM (if you haven't had it yet and would like a bit of help drop me a message  :)).

My uni, you can start a society whenever, have you been to your student union to ask?

Do you have a black person's/unity officer? A women's officer?

I_am_not _Enid

« Reply #17 on: Jan 01, 2008, 10:44:47 PM »
Thanks- got a bit of union history at my last uni, but the new one is totaly un-political. It was the equal opps officer who was so unhelpful last time, so I dont hold out much hope.There is an election coming up for the vacant positions (LGBT included), but not sure I want all that responsibility- not sure I'd get a committee, or if anyone would notice even if we did anything.
Could just blow any budget on a big party tho *evil plan comes to mind*... ;D

realityversusdream

« Reply #18 on: Jan 07, 2008, 12:29:53 PM »
Are we all back in or around London?

Are people still up for drinks?

I_am_not _Enid

« Reply #19 on: Jan 26, 2008, 01:54:20 AM »
I'm back. Dunno about anybody else tho.