Author Topic: Not getting a call after an interview  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Magicmushroom84

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • I just want to be wonderful
Not getting a call after an interview
« on: Nov 23, 2015, 09:06:49 PM »
My friend went for an interview last Monday and its been a week.  The interviewer said she will get back to people as soon as she can- this is for a newly qualified occupational therapist role in the NHS.

Its been a week now...and she is still holding on to hope they would call and is contemplating turning down a NWOT position in a Trust further away.   

Has a job interview not called you back?  or if they did, how long did they take ?

when will it be considered rude?

And will it seem like you are not interested if you take another job in the time you are waiting by your phone for them to call you back...or do you seem too interested (and unhireable) if they get back to you and you are ready to jump??

I personally think its rude when organisations do not get back to you in a timely manner, especially when you have put in the time and effort to be there....says a lot about the HR department and gives you insight into how organised and considerate the organisation is.  But then...in my experience the NHS are very good and do get back to you, so I am unsure what this delay could be

A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.

Coco Chanel

Offline Tante Ella

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Funny introvert
Re: Not getting a call after an interview
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2015, 09:19:33 AM »
I've interviewed a lot in the last 12 month and companies reactions afterwards differ widely, some come back within a week, some never do. Yes it is rude but in my view also an expression of how they treat people. Unless they are just over worked.

Your friend could call them and politely ask about the status. If she has an offer and feels confident she might even mention that, as in: Look I'm in demand, you are my preference, but I need to make a decision now. Or you don't mention it at all and quietly take the other job and see what happens. Ususally there is probation period for both sides within which the notice period is just one week, so she could still jump ship quietly.

Best of luck