Author Topic: Work Colleague Crush  (Read 4479 times)

Offline pure evil

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Joyful Misandrist
Re: Work Colleague Crush
« Reply #30 on: Feb 25, 2016, 07:54:56 PM »
Similar to what others have said > how about if the crush isn't really about her? You are having an intense and persistent feeling. What really does me in with feelings is when I start trying to figure them out or give myself stress over having them. A while back I was suffering from anxiety - ok not quite the same as it wasn't attached to a person - but I found with some meditation, shifting my focus to other things, being patient, I was able to get a bit of critical distance and not believe in my anxiety quite so much. So moving from 'argh!! I'm so anxious, what am I going to do about it!!' (which generated more anxiety) to trying to practice 'ok, there's that anxiety.. doesn't mean anything bad. It will pass.'

Offline Orgasmic

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #31 on: Feb 26, 2016, 09:55:10 PM »
Thank you for the responses.

I am in a 3 year relationship, although we don't live together due to work commitments. However, we do see each other every weekend. I am happy in this relationship.

I know this crush will never amount to anything, but concerned it won't go away and consumes most of my time and thoughts.

Pure Evil, I understand what you're trying to say and this is something I'll definitely consider and look into.

Daffodil

« Reply #32 on: Feb 26, 2016, 10:06:47 PM »
okay, if your crush were to come to something, would you sacrifice a happy 3 year relationship for this crush?

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #33 on: Mar 05, 2016, 08:44:23 PM »
This is no help to anyone but I have an entirely harmless crush on someone I see occasionally in a work context. I would place a very large bet on her being gay, although I have no idea if she actually is. She's probably about 20 years younger than I am and would never look at me twice. The only result of my crush is that I feel ridiculously awkward in her presence, but I never let it show and I'm sure (I hope!) she has absolutely no idea ;D
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

Offline Apple

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #34 on: Nov 22, 2016, 09:12:11 AM »
Been there many times.  Sometimes I feel I am addicted to the excitement,  the  intoxicating hope that my feelings are reciprocated,  the closing my eyes and thinking of her to get myself to sleep.  Every little thing she does,  you interpret as an act of love or reaching out for toward you.  But it's all a fantasy.  So enjoy your crush as every love song suddenly makes perfect sense... But don't act upon it.  It will lessen its intensity,  especially with physical separation,   but it may never completely go away. But... what joy to have felt so deeply and so alive. (sorry,  do I sound completely barmy?)

To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation

Online cigarettes and matches

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • But I don't smoke
« Reply #35 on: Nov 22, 2016, 11:05:10 AM »
I think the older I get, the more I think a crush is a waste of time.   Unless the person feels the same way then I avert my attentions to something more practical and useful.  Yes I have seen people I quite fancy but if they do not feel the same about me then I just forget about it and move on.  What is the point of thinking and dreaming about having a relationship with someone that does not want that with you... none whatsoever.
I owe a special thanks to someone who enabled me to turn my dream into a reality

Offline Grey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • old school old butch
« Reply #36 on: Nov 22, 2016, 01:39:47 PM »
Oh I like a juicy crush every so often especially if there's a bit of delicate flirt
I tend to get them on librarians straight librarians but still...

Offline save_a_tree

• Gingerbeer Diva
  • antici....PATION
    • retrogradeinversion
« Reply #37 on: Dec 16, 2016, 04:44:59 PM »
I kind of have the same issue, irritating and soul destroying.
Just one look is all it takes to know that even god can make mistakes

Offline plaiting fog

• Gingerbeer Diva
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #38 on: Dec 17, 2016, 03:14:39 PM »
I'd love a work colleague crush.

I imagine it would put a bit of a spring in my step in the mornings. I'd probably bounce out of bed instead of just rolling over and pressing snooze over and over...

Online cigarettes and matches

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • But I don't smoke
« Reply #39 on: Dec 18, 2016, 01:25:18 AM »
^ work colleague crushes are horrible.   I only ever had one.
I owe a special thanks to someone who enabled me to turn my dream into a reality