Author Topic: Work Colleague Crush  (Read 6134 times)

Offline Orgasmic

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Work Colleague Crush
« on: May 04, 2015, 08:06:09 PM »
I have a serious crush (6 months plus) . . . First time ever!
I have moved work location and this colleague also works in my building, but for a different team.
I have only just found out her name recently and I have spoken to her on the phone and emailed her (work related) over the years. Last time about 8 months ago. However, I never knew her by face.
I can feel something is going on between us. The long looks etc.  I don't know anything about her, although I have been told she is a lesbian. I would like to get to know her better, but we've never even said hello to one another. In my mind will probably look odd if I suddenly do that now . . .
It doesn't help I'm extremely shy which makes me come off slightly aloof at times. All I know is, this crush is growing stronger by the day . . .

« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 08:08:37 PM by Orgasmic »

OnMyWay

Re: Work Colleague Crush
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 09:13:51 PM »
When did you start working in the same building as her?

Offline Orgasmic

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 10:53:52 PM »
6 months plus (literally the crush started as soon as I first saw her)!

Offline horse

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 12:22:55 AM »
Are there any work-social events coming up, or does she pop out for coffee at lunch ?

Be careful that your career isn't compromised by a relationship which may or may not work out.

Yep, you will at some point need to say hello to her, she might be really shy too.

Offline Coco

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 02:29:21 AM »
I don't know anything about her, although I have been told she is a lesbian.

Careful with the "I have been told she is a lesbian." Do you trust the source of that information?

I would like to get to know her better, but we've never even said hello to one another. In my mind will probably look odd if I suddenly do that now . . .

I don't think it's odd at all. Just find an appropriate moment to approach her casually and say "I'm sorry, I don't think we've been properly introduced. My name is.... , we exchanged few e-mails before...." It's not odd since you have recently moved work location. Great opportunity to keep it casual and work-related, that is until you get a better sense of her; ask her about her team, workload, etc.,
Good luck!

"Success is often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable" — Coco Chanel
http://www.biography.com/people/coco-chanel-9244165/videos/coco-chanel-mini-biography-17753871

OnMyWay

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 08:07:40 AM »
What BlueCrush said ;)

Offline Orgasmic

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 08:58:11 AM »
Good morning and thank you for your replies and words of advice.

The colleague is definitely a lesbian. Although I've never met her before, her name has come up over the years and she has dated at least one female work colleague.

I'm very professional when it comes to work, so no one would even know I have this crush and I certainly wouldn't jeopardise either of our work careers. I may need to go back to my old place of work come July, so am conscious time may not be on my side. However, we will both continue to work for the same organisation.

We've had a few awkward moments alone, normally visiting the ladies toilet, where I've been coming out/in and again, we've given each other this very long look and by the time I've come out of the toilet, she's gone!

A couple of her close male work colleagues now have a chat with me, but nothing from her.

No work functions unfortunately and to make matters worse, I'm 'not out' at work.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 12:38:04 PM by Orgasmic »

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 05:22:31 PM »
just a pre-caution: relationships  at work,be careful.
????????????????????
   ???????????????????

Offline Coco

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 01:20:34 PM »

Do you have bad experiences with work flings Valerie?
"Success is often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable" — Coco Chanel
http://www.biography.com/people/coco-chanel-9244165/videos/coco-chanel-mini-biography-17753871

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 03:32:23 PM »

Do you have bad experiences with work flings Valerie?
No. never had one.
we just have a saying over here,"Don't  $h_t  where you work"
I reckon that expresses  a fear that if the relationship does not
work, it can make work, uncomfortable.
????????????????????
   ???????????????????

Offline scouser

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 03:53:27 PM »
We have one here too Val, Don't sh#t on your own doorstep!' :-\
One day I'll laugh about this!😑

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 10:06:15 PM »
sounds  close enough
????????????????????
   ???????????????????

Offline Beetle Bum

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 10:16:43 PM »
Its always nice to have abit of eye candy at work but every time I start somewhere new, I wish there wasnt as it becomes very apparent and the nice straight lady in question realises and becomes very uncomfortable in my presence  ::) Need to learn to be more discreet  :D

Offline proust

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 05:20:32 PM »
Ah, the colleague crush.

I have one as well, luckily for me she's committed and I have morals.

It's a fine line. If she was single, I would probably be unemployed by now. We have to work together an awful lot.

Offline Jenny Talia

• I was born the same year that homosexuality was removed as a disorder from the DSM
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
  • No, that's just perfectly normal paranoia...
    • Planet London
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2015, 08:37:17 PM »
One of my colleagues is absolutely stunning .. as well as being really lovely and super intelligent.  She is also very heterosexual, so I don't feel bad about occasionally noticing that she is very attractive. 
You may be wondering what a map of the trade winds of the North Atlantic is doing on page 134 of a book entitled Is Sex Necessary? In our opinion a map of the trade winds is equally useful in understanding women as a cross section of the female anatomy -James Thurber

Nothing risqué, nothing gained