Author Topic: Bruises  (Read 2347 times)

Offline millicent

• 'masochistic fembot'
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
  • terms and conditions apply
    • Be breast aware.
Bruises
« on: Apr 25, 2015, 07:26:34 AM »
Three weeks on, my conference bruises have very nearly almost faded. While it's nice to be able to wear short skirts and sheer tights again and not worry about covering up in the gym, I'm also always a little bit sad when they go.

How do you feel about bruises?
Love them? Hate them?
Are they a souvenir, a badge of honour or a necessary evil?
How do you deal with them around non-kinky people (e.g. gym changing rooms)?
And as a top, how do you feel about marking your bottom?

Talk to me about bruises, people of GB.  :D

'... rarely turns down an opportunity to do something painful or weird.'

Offline Amphelise

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Christine, Wondering
Re: Bruises
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2015, 08:19:29 AM »
Alas, I have never had a bruise from anything kinky.

I do however have bruises from tables, chairs, door-frames and the like, and have had a few spectacular ones from sport and accident incidents over the years. I do rather like them. Fascinating to watch how they change colour and fade.

My favourite was a couple of years ago when I woke up to find a burglar in our house. In fluffy pyjamas and without even glasses on to see, I went into Rage Mode and flew at him, hoping to make him drop anything he was carrying. We both fell over in the doorway and my leg came down hard on the doorframe. He (and the other guy who was in the kitchen and scarpered past me while I was on the ground) got nothing, and I wore that leg-bruise with significant pride. :D
"Well, at least I'm not a time-traveling, shape-shifting robot operated by miniaturized cross people. Which I've got to admit, I didn't see coming." ~ The Doctor

Offline Arig

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Hats, lingerie and heels.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2015, 11:47:14 AM »
As for.non kinky bruises nothing will ever top this ALIAS like adventure of Amphelise so I won't go there...

Kinky wise I LOVE bruises, making them is only half the fun (ok, maybe three quarters) but getting updates and knowing someone still feels me, a week or more after the fact, is lovely. Totally adore getting photos and colour descriptions as well as details of when and how they get noticed by the bottom, walking, jumping, sitting, touching it on purpose?

On the top five favourite bruise stories in last year are face slapping that lead to person thinking of me everytime they smiled for 3 days after, and large black and blues made.by rubber wide slapper on side of thighs, it swelled up and they couldn't but be VERY aware of mw simply by wearing their jeans.

Offline pure evil

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Joyful Misandrist
« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2015, 12:17:26 PM »
I once gave myself a massive bruise that lasted for two weeks, through over enthusiastic threatening of a bottom during a scene. I was showing them how horrible the fairly inconspicuous butter pat tool I had in my hand was, raised the damn thing and hit myself on the inside of the thigh. (I sometimes like to show off how tough I am before hurting people with the same toy  ::)). The impact stung like fuck! and as I said left a bruise for ages.

Offline pure evil

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Joyful Misandrist
« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2015, 12:19:15 PM »
I like poking other peoples bruises and welts as a form of flirting after our play.

OnMyWay

« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2015, 01:37:21 PM »
I've long intended to make a collection of very very closee-up photos of bruises.  I'm fascinated by the colours of them, and how they change.  I love them best when they are purple, blue and black.

The most impressive bruise I ever had was when a group of young adult men attacked me as I cycled through a park on a lover's very expensive bike.  I was so determined not to let go of the bike I ended up on the floor with the bike on top of me while they kicked it and me.  I held on to the bike though.  I had huge black bruises all over my thighs in the shapes of parts of the bike and their shoes.  Adrenalin stopped it hurting though while it was happening and I showed them off proudly for ages afterwards.

Offline Arig

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2015, 05:02:30 PM »
PE, I am sorry, but I laughed out loud at reading your self inflicted bruise and HOW and WHEN it happened, priceless... Did you yelp at the time or held it in in stoic dominant mode?

On self inflicted bruises, a stand with lovely and various different types of canes was holding My attention, as one does, and I found a rubber short-ish cane I decided to touch and try, and whacked inside of My thigh as that is how.I.try all new toys... It immediately went bright red, welded and turned colour in front of My eyes, I screamed enough to get everyone staring and.then laughing at me, and shouted at vendor straight away, "I want this one!!!"

Offline Arig

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #7 on: Apr 25, 2015, 05:03:27 PM »
Sorry, on subject of bruises from horrific attacks, I am sorry for all of you.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2015, 11:02:40 PM by Arig »

Offline Amphelise

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Christine, Wondering
« Reply #8 on: Apr 25, 2015, 05:31:41 PM »
Right, note to self: do not demo/test things on thighs!
"Well, at least I'm not a time-traveling, shape-shifting robot operated by miniaturized cross people. Which I've got to admit, I didn't see coming." ~ The Doctor

Offline millicent

• 'masochistic fembot'
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
  • terms and conditions apply
    • Be breast aware.
« Reply #9 on: Apr 25, 2015, 10:47:18 PM »
Loving the replies.

I'm not a fan of non kinky bruises. Usually because the memories of non-consensually walking into a desk or slamming my head against a cupboard are not something I particularly want to be reminded of.
(I had this conversation with my counsellor yesterday - we got side tracked.)
So for me, not all bruises are created equal.

I think I like bruises from playing so much because they are a visible and tangible reminder that, yes, that did really happen and no, I didn't just dream it.

And I do quite like the poking-as-flirting-thing pure evil describes.

All that said, I also had some fucking amazing scenes and walked away without a scratch.

@Arig: rubber hitty things - I know, right? They're like colouring pencils.
Evil colouring pencils.
'... rarely turns down an opportunity to do something painful or weird.'

Offline Arig

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #10 on: Apr 25, 2015, 11:08:38 PM »
Loving:
not all bruises are created equal

evil colouring pencils

These should be printed on t-shirts!!

I may have a goldfish memory on these rubber hitting things as I stupidly did this a second time...

Offline marzipan gnome

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • http://bgwlc.co.uk/
    • Bethnal Green Weightlifting Club
« Reply #11 on: Apr 26, 2015, 09:54:39 AM »
From playing, yes I like to get bruises because it is a nice reflection of what you have experienced. I have occasion to have bruises so bad its hard to walk but other times hardly anything which is certainly not reflective of what I experienced, so a bit disappointing.

For everyday life it means areas are off limits. I can cover up well but neck bites just hang around forever...sadly.

Offline CelestialRose

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #12 on: Aug 02, 2015, 08:34:07 PM »
Personally, I'd enjoy any kind of bruises my lover is able to give, so long as it's not something as extreme as an open wound.
I'm not too picky with where it should be placed, though of course it is most discouraged to have it placed at a very obvious part of the body. (going to one's workplace would be so awkward.)

If I didn't have to go to college or see people, I'd very much welcome neck bruises from passionate loveplays.... I'd adore them...
I guess that is so, because I'm a very submissive person, and I feel most comfortable allowing my partner to mark me.  :-[

On how to cope with changing rooms while having bruises,
Sadly though, I've never been marked before or given a bruise to be able to answer that.

Offline Amphelise

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Christine, Wondering
« Reply #13 on: Aug 18, 2015, 11:39:35 PM »
I've just remembered that I bruised my wife's lip once, back when I was new to playing and hadn't realised I was able to do so. I was mortified...she was smug ::) ;D

Offline marzipan gnome

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • http://bgwlc.co.uk/
    • Bethnal Green Weightlifting Club
« Reply #14 on: Aug 19, 2015, 12:02:33 AM »
Ha. The bump has made me reread what I wrote. The feelings are the same but had a recent experience of having neck bitten, what to me felt hard, and my brain was doing flips because I find being bitten a turn on but then freak about the visibility of such bites. 

There was almost nothing to see!

They will be doing that again.  :P