Author Topic: Sports bras for huge knockers....?  (Read 3521 times)

Offline KJTheFemme

• Gingerbeer Diva
    • My personals ad -Wallflowers Need Not Apply!
Sports bras for huge knockers....?
« on: Apr 21, 2015, 07:36:06 AM »
Morning All

Last year I got seriously depressed when my previously granted breast reduction surgery was denied under funding cuts. In short, it was granted a few years ago but they told me to have my children before any surgery and to come back after. I did. The f%*@ers changed the funding and now I am stuck with these.....things that continue to make my life a challenge in more ways than just how I look and finding suitable clothes to fit. :-\

Anyway I'm no longer wanting to use my large JJ/K UK cup size as an additional excuse to stop me getting much needed exercise in my effort to lose weight and have the body I've always wanted. But here's the thing....I can't find sports bras big enough. >:( :D

I get fitted by bravissimo and have seen that they had a bra called Inspire but all large sizes are sold out, even checked ebay and I'm getting desperate and frustrated.

'Yang' has been running for cancer charities since both our fathers had/ have terminal cancer respectively and I'd love to be able to join in without back pain, chest ache, shoulder dislocation and scarring  :-\

I've tried 2bras....painful especially as I need underwire for extra support.

Does anyone have alternative suggestions here or abroad?

I'm considering using a binder on top of a regular soft cup/ old maternity bra but not sure if I'd still get bounce  ???

I really need some help on this guys n gals ( trans viewpoints welcome in terms of running/ jogging and binder wearing)

Thank you.

KJ xoxo
Frog or Horse? It's all about perspective   What's yours?

Offline nismat

• Gingerbeer Devotee
Re: Sports bras for huge knockers....?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2015, 01:20:36 PM »
Oh, that's awkward  :-\
I am a HH-J cup but fit in this bra (only goes up to H); it is very supportive, but probably won't be big enough in the cup for you. http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/panache-sports-bra/pink/pr100pnk/?level=1

Have you seen this one, in the non-sale section? Goes up to a K apparently. http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/impact-free-sports-bra/black/ro10bl/
I also have this one, but don't find it enough support on its own for running, being a soft cup I think. I have to double up bras for that.

Offline KJTheFemme

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2015, 02:09:16 PM »
Hi nismat

Thanks for popping in to help and advise  :)

Yes, I've looked at this bra by Royce and think its support for many is questionable looking at the reviews  :-\. I can't wear a non wired everyday bra so I am pretty doubtful that a non wired sports will help  ???

I just end up buying bra after bra and sending them back costing me a fortune in return postage excluding bravissimo.

KJ xoxo

Offline nismat

• Gingerbeer Devotee
« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2015, 02:17:49 PM »
I probably should have said, when I said about 2 bras together, I've only done that with both non-wired bras. Wearing a slightly too-small (cup-size wise) bra underneath - in a binder-ish kind of way I suppose - and then a correctly-sized non-wired bra on top. It reduced the jiggle factor considerably.

It's really awkward isn't it? Mine totally get in the way of some yoga/Pilates moves as well.  ::)

Offline Guineapig

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • *meep meep*
    • The Yoga Club
« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2015, 03:38:57 PM »
I went to post and then deleted.
I thought my post might sound both patronising and without much intrinsic worth but..... at the risk of it still reading like that:

I'm a yoga teacher.
As in full time and been teaching for years and years.

I don't have H cup breasts but I do have E/DD cup breasts.

I think it can be intimidating if the teacher is a very slim/athletic build/small breasts/narrow hips.....and I know that a lot of women in the industry do look like that.

But we don't all look like that!
Sometimes it's worth hunting out a teacher that's built more, rather than less, like you - it can be useful on a bunch of levels.

I clicked the link nismat put up for the Panache bra sold by Bravissimo and emailed them to see what their stock levels were.....they rang back within an hour and have ordered one for me. This was in 32 DD which indicated as out of stock on the website but which in actual fact wasn't.
If you see that a bra you want is out of stock, it might be worth emailing them.

Gingerbeer Yoga Thread

*meep meep*

Offline MzB

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2015, 07:15:12 PM »
Some with underwires here:

http://www.boobydoo.co.uk/plus-size-sports-bra.html

I'd be interested to know if you find a good one.

I've been trying to buy swimwear recently, so any hints on that very welcome too!

Offline KJTheFemme

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2015, 08:10:20 PM »
I went to post and then deleted.
I thought my post might sound both patronising and without much intrinsic worth but..... at the risk of it still reading like that:

I'm a yoga teacher.
As in full time and been teaching for years and years.

I don't have H cup breasts but I do have E/DD cup breasts.

I think it can be intimidating if the teacher is a very slim/athletic build/small breasts/narrow hips.....and I know that a lot of women in the industry do look like that.

But we don't all look like that!
Sometimes it's worth hunting out a teacher that's built more, rather than less, like you - it can be useful on a bunch of levels.

I clicked the link nismat put up for the Panache bra sold by Bravissimo and emailed them to see what their stock levels were.....they rang back within an hour and have ordered one for me. This was in 32 DD which indicated as out of stock on the website but which in actual fact wasn't.
If you see that a bra you want is out of stock, it might be worth emailing them.

Hi there
I guess you were addressing nismat but I took your advice and called bravissimo they assured me there website is up to date on stock and my size wasn't in and won't be in till next year as it's being revised  :-\ I think you just got lucky  ;D

Some with underwires here:

http://www.boobydoo.co.uk/plus-size-sports-bra.html

I'd be interested to know if you find a good one.

I've been trying to buy swimwear recently, so any hints on that very welcome too!

Bravissimo have swim wear pretty large supportive sizes but your suggestion only goes up to Gcup nismat is a HH/J and I'm a JJ/K ...but it may help others  :)

*sigh*

KJ
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2015, 08:14:39 PM by KJTheFemme »

Offline MzB

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #7 on: Apr 21, 2015, 08:21:14 PM »
Sorry KJ, I was reading in haste.

Offline KJTheFemme

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2015, 08:40:04 PM »
Oh no that's OK, it may help others and hopefully you too can find a swimsuit :)

KJ

Offline MzB

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 2015, 08:42:43 PM »
I've been admiring all the lovely curvy swimsuits in the States. I suspect it's the same for bras. I wonder if it's worth looking at online shops in the US, or ebay.com? At least a bra would be fairly cheap to post.

Offline Goblin Flump

• I'm so Shiny
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deadpool
« Reply #10 on: Apr 21, 2015, 09:07:52 PM »
I'm technically a 28 F, but because no fecker does 28s I usually wind up with 30Es (and red marks/buckling) or 30Fs (already on the tightest hooks).

Buying bras sucks.
You're welcome.

Offline KJTheFemme

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #11 on: Apr 21, 2015, 09:36:32 PM »
I've been admiring all the lovely curvy swimsuits in the States. I suspect it's the same for bras. I wonder if it's worth looking at online shops in the US, or ebay.com? At least a bra would be fairly cheap to post.

Yeah been trying to check out US sites and eBay.com but the sizing is confusing me, have you figured out how to convert UK to USA?
The swimsuits on bravissimo have not been to your liking?

'Yang' is a 36F and recently bought a really nice swimsuit from wiggle where she gets her running gear from. Says she feels uplifted and supported in it.

KJ

Offline KJTheFemme

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #12 on: Apr 21, 2015, 09:41:56 PM »
I'm technically a 28 F, but because no fecker does 28s I usually wind up with 30Es (and red marks/buckling) or 30Fs (already on the tightest hooks).

Buying bras sucks.

Hi flump
Not sure where you are looking but I have just done a search and over 100 28F bras came up in various styles and bravissimo have at least 3 sports bras, marks & Spencers too.. Have you a prefered fitter/ bra shop because I must admit I see a lot of small backs like 28 in cup from DD-G. Maybe a wider search on Google? ....Or maybe you like certain styles?

KJ
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2015, 09:46:21 PM by KJTheFemme »

Offline Meryl Streep Fan Club

• GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • "Details of your incompetence do not interest me."
« Reply #13 on: Apr 22, 2015, 06:37:21 PM »
I like this site. http://www.lessbounce.com/ I can easily navigate it and locate my size. I have not purchased anything form them for a while, but remember them giving excellent service.

I have very bouncy assets. and use a Shock Absorber, which I highly recommend.
http://www.lessbounce.com/shock-absorber/prodlist_bd194.htm?size=24&facets=

When I have PMT and my boobies go up a size and get really sore, I sometimes use a normal under wired bra under the shock absorber. It does make everything rather tight, but it certainly keeps everything in! I have ran up to half marathon using one, and have been known to forget to take it off after a short morning run, it is that comfortable.

From my experience, running bras either try to lift and separate, or squish al everything together.  I prefer the latter and feel it produces much less bounce.

I have also used one of these years ago. 
http://www.lessbounce.com/sports-bras-broad-back-42-/enell-sports-bra_ct545pd55.htm?gclid=CJXEhPG3isUCFVMatAodS2AAcw
They have weird sizing, and even more weird colours!!  Sort of like a 1980's glitter top! But I remember it doing the job perfectly well.

Good luck!

You are truly Delightful!

Grow old with me, the best is yet to be.

Made in 1965. All original parts.

Offline KJTheFemme

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #14 on: Apr 22, 2015, 07:24:19 PM »
Sadly Enell and Lessbounce don't cater to my size either  :-\

Maybe I should list all places and manufacturers already tried without much luck

Freya
Panache
Enell
Shock absorber
Glamorise
Bravissimo
Ample bossom
Curvy Kate
Boobydoo
Wiggle
Simply be
Evans
Rigby & Pellar
Figleaves
Sweaty betty
Amazon
EBay.com
EBay.co.uk
Fiftyplus.co.uk
 :'( really cheesed off guess I have to do two bras ...

KJ
« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2015, 07:31:16 PM by KJTheFemme »