Author Topic: 'HOPE not hate' in need of volunteers for an Anti-UKIP campaign  (Read 743 times)

Offline Tashkinson

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Hi  everyone,

I'm working on anti-UKIP campaign in Thurrock, one of the constituencies that UKIP is likely to win.There are only 28 days left until the election, and following on from the shameful and dangerous performance Farage gave on the leaders debate, I'm feeling fired up.

Our strategy is to:

- Coordinate targeted leafletings in the local area to inform people about UKIP's lesser known policies (the privatisation of the NHS)
- Hold meetings and voter registration drives in BAME communities to make sure people come out to vote.
- In the long term, support the local groups already operating to build community cohesion

We have a big weekend of action on Saturday 18th April and Sunday 19th April and I really need some volunteers to help me out leafleting. I'm hoping you can be that person, and/or you know people who can.

You can find out more about the charity I am working with - hopenothate.org.uk

Lemme know if you have any questions, or suggestion, and feel free to pass my details on to other people.

Tasha xx

P.S If you need some fire in your belly, this video might help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1tHvf3lBB4