Author Topic: Codependence and the power of detachment.  (Read 5640 times)

Slantrhyme

Re: Codependence and the power of detachment.
« Reply #15 on: Apr 22, 2015, 05:37:09 PM »
 Remember a while ago, it may have been Musette who said it, about another poster, that to bite back and argue would feel kind of like kicking a bewildered puppy? Well this is kind of how I feel about Toniee.  That said though, there is no excuse for having a pop at somebody,  and there is no freebies on GB.
 I suspect that any thread that included the word codpiece in the title would be much more interesting than this one.   

toniee

« Reply #16 on: Apr 22, 2015, 05:47:46 PM »
Well said! Am I a bewildered puppy then? Does that mean I am going to get a loving and caring owner to provide for all my needs? That would be lovely! No, it isn't nice to kick such a defenceless creature, nor take pop shots  at others. Point well made, and accepted on my behalf here, I think..

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #17 on: Apr 23, 2015, 11:32:08 AM »
Yes Slanty, it was me who said that.

My advice to toniee at the moment would be to read more and post less. I'm not saying you can't post what you like* as often as you like; this is, after all, a public messageboard.
But on the internet less is more, as a rule. I don't read most of your posts simply because they are too long: TL/DR.

* having said that, if people don't like what you post then you bear the consequences.
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

Slantrhyme

« Reply #18 on: Apr 23, 2015, 12:55:51 PM »
 Wise words indeed.  Just look at her sig line if you don't believe me. .

Offline Amphelise

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Christine, Wondering
« Reply #19 on: Apr 23, 2015, 01:58:13 PM »
Well now it says Codpiece for me too. I hope you're happy, Mental Elf  >:( :P ;D
"Well, at least I'm not a time-traveling, shape-shifting robot operated by miniaturized cross people. Which I've got to admit, I didn't see coming." ~ The Doctor

Offline two monkeys

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #20 on: Apr 23, 2015, 02:12:37 PM »
Yes indeed.

So Codpieces and detaching them.

It's possible one could have problems getting them off. It would depend on how they attached wouldn't it?

I'm thinking about those Lord Anthony anoraks we had as kids. Woe betide anyone who tied the stings at the neck together because they could *never* be untied. That's why you'd see those boys running around wearing them like Batman capes.
"She walked in through the out door, out door.."

Malibu

« Reply #21 on: Apr 23, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »
Now I can get this out my head every time I see this thread...
http://youtu.be/u5A55eWbiBI

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #22 on: Apr 23, 2015, 10:16:23 PM »

Hahaha! Now see what you've done, Elf! (Remind you of anything, by the way...?)
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

Offline Amphelise

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Christine, Wondering
« Reply #23 on: Apr 23, 2015, 10:30:51 PM »

Knew what that was going to be before I clicked on it... :D
"Well, at least I'm not a time-traveling, shape-shifting robot operated by miniaturized cross people. Which I've got to admit, I didn't see coming." ~ The Doctor

Offline wildwitch

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • looking for friendship and exploration
« Reply #24 on: Apr 24, 2015, 11:22:05 PM »
I know a CODA group who had a woman join it via a Skype link on an smart phone. It worked once they manage to perch her on something stable so she wouldn't wobble and fall off the chair. I can PM you the details if you want.
Wildwitch on Fetlife- hoping to meet more like-minded LBQ women for friendship, play and now open to relationship possibilities. No I'm NOT after an affair with a bi-curious married woman or into swinging. I hope that makes things clear!

toniee

« Reply #25 on: Apr 25, 2015, 12:03:09 AM »
Hi everyone. It's nice to know you've all missed me so much. Guess what I was just doing? Watching Tom Robertson's band. The old hits like 'Sing if you're Glad to be Gay' and what was the other one 'Right on Sister'. He seems to be speaking my language. Expressing the truth of this world to those with an open ear. I felt included in his interpretation of life and this society. It's nice to know that some gays are welcoming to all kinds of queers rather than those who might be more conventional in their viewpoints. I shall tune into some more of his songs. They might have some relevancy for me.. Good man...

Thank you for all your kind words on this thread. I think I will leave you to write whatever you please on it for it seems to have gone off topic...

ElectricHippo

« Reply #26 on: Apr 25, 2015, 07:02:17 PM »
Well now it says Codpiece for me too. I hope you're happy, Mental Elf  >:( :P ;D

My sincerest apologies..... ;D

toniee

« Reply #27 on: Apr 25, 2015, 08:38:13 PM »
To that woman at the Coda group who became stable once she was placed on something and didn't wobble anymore after that, I have only one sentence to write. 'Weebles  wobble, but they don't fall down!'.

An old commercial from my youth, that was a favourite of mine back then,  about a toy that you could pull down and it would ping straight up again...! Sweet innocence, I had back then...  What a lovely child, with lovely pure thoughts... Guns and Roses :- 'Oh, sweet child of mine....'.