Author Topic: name one thing you did today to kick the inner enemies butt  (Read 925 times)

Offline Contemporary Mistress

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
the  theory  that  we  are  our  own  worst  enemies,  through  not  being  loving  enough  to  ourselves  and  not  thinking  about  what  we  want  enough  to  manifest  it,  or  not  thinking  we  can  achieve  it,  so  in  the  spirit  of  this,  name  one  thing  you  did,  said  or  thought  today  to  kick  the  inner  enemies  arse. 

I  did  my  affirmations  about  my  love  life  lol,  and  actually  got  on  with  making  some  art.  I  hope  to  continue  by  making  some  music  later  too.     

Offline sally33

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Re: name one thing you did today to kick the inner enemies butt
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2015, 01:37:57 PM »
Brilliant thread.

Not today but last night I stayed in on my own when I could have gone out with my partner and her work colleagues. I would never normally do this as I struggle sometimes with time on my own.  I made Mexican food, laid off the wine, drank tea and had an early night. I enjoyed it, it felt good.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes. ~ William Gibson

Offline pure evil

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Joyful Misandrist
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2015, 02:13:28 PM »
Noticed when an inner 'critical parent' style rant was beginning and just thought 'hello criticism', watched and accepted and practiced a bit of mindfullness with it.

scouser

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2015, 08:39:07 PM »
Excepted help from lovely neighbours to look after son, whilst myself and daughter had some lovely mum and daughter time shopping, something we never do, lovely, and I agree sally it is a great idea for a thread! :)

ElectricHippo

« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2015, 08:06:21 AM »
I ignored my desire to hibernate indoors and spent the evening dancing and singing. I had a brilliant time whereas if I'd stayed in (which is my default) I would have just vegetated in front of the tv.  :D

Offline pure evil

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Joyful Misandrist
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2015, 11:57:38 AM »
I was feeling unsettled and having difficulty starting the day so listened to a mindfulness guided meditation, 10 minutes of 'non-effort' and I feel much better.

scouser

« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2015, 01:12:38 PM »
I refused my son whom I admit I spoil a little, ::) access to the back garden with his gang of many friends, as I was in the middle of cooking, assertiveness with my kids isn't my strong point yet! :-\
But this time I achieved it, must be because I'm starting to retrieve my confidence lately, saying that he's in his room with one now, after a compromise, so anyway...... ::)

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2015, 03:03:21 PM »
I have several options today. I have already eliminated one. The 2 others have  my spirit in a dormant state so I am sticking to the message boards until i can see clearly.

Writing & reading on the boards relaxes me  & often helps me focus
accept what is,let go of what was and have  faith in what will be

Offline Kish

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2015, 10:49:40 PM »
I never let my thoughts effect my feelings

silverchic

« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2015, 06:32:46 PM »
Focused on the inside of my home rather than the ..... who live around it.

Offline PushingThru

• (yep)
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2015, 09:52:24 PM »
the theory that we are our own worst enemies, through not being loving enough to ourselves and not thinking about what we want enough to manifest it, or not thinking we can achieve it, so in the spirit of this, name one thing you did, said or thought today to kick the inner enemies arse. 

I did my affirmations about my love life lol, and actually got on with making some art. I hope to continue by making some music later too.

I made myself go out and zap a few shopping chores, even though I was not really in the mood to brave the Christmas shopping crowds. And I've sorted a few presents. :)
No one is obliged to write in ways that appeal to everyone else - we're not paying for the user content. If you don't like it skim past it.