Author Topic: Dungeon Random Disclosures  (Read 80149 times)

Offline pure evil

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Joyful Misandrist
Re: Dungeon Random Disclosures
« Reply #30 on: Feb 26, 2015, 02:15:33 PM »
Off to see 'The Duke of Burgundy'. I'm slightly worried that my outfit (due to the weather) has the look of 'plastic mac brigade'  :P

Offline horse

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #31 on: Feb 26, 2015, 02:21:09 PM »
@FK
But all the forums have a string of well meaning platitudes attached, the reality is again pretty much the opposite ?

Umm, I hope you didn't think I was disparaging your flavour of kink, I can't do this all inclusive thinking that GB likes.

Offline horse

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #32 on: Feb 26, 2015, 02:26:10 PM »
erm...no. no more than the vault implies that there are a load of lesbians inside a bank vault having a wank.
This is YOUR perception of a dungeon and YOUR perception of hwere and how D/S takes place
Why give them theatrical secretive names then, why not "sexual talk for women of kink"  (maybe not quite as patronising, but still)

Yep I'm only ever talking about what these words mean to me because that is what it sounds like inside my head, if there were other viewpoints in there I would see a doctor :)

Offline Jeepster

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #33 on: Feb 26, 2015, 02:32:45 PM »
Ok, thank you. I get it now.
Perhaps we could have a thesaurus for those of us who are lesbian speak challenged?
Make my day - Smile!

Offline pure evil

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Joyful Misandrist
« Reply #34 on: Feb 26, 2015, 02:35:46 PM »
Ok, thank you. I get it now.
Perhaps we could have a thesaurus for those of us who are lesbian speak challenged?
I am constantly lesbian speak challenged!!  ;)

Slantrhyme

« Reply #35 on: Feb 26, 2015, 02:47:26 PM »
Horse, why do you keep coming into these spaces just to have a moan about them? If you don't like it then don't participate.
Just as you don't like people making judgements about your sexual practices, other people don't like you making judgements about their community and safe spaces.
Nobody has asked you to come in here, point out the problems and make it better. You have two choices, you either use this space or you don't. Stop whingeing about what you think it should and shouldn't be And choose one.

Offline Jeepster

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #36 on: Feb 26, 2015, 03:46:01 PM »
Oh really glad to hear that pure evil, I was beginning to think I was being a right numpty.  ::)
Make my day - Smile!

rosa amaya

« Reply #37 on: Feb 26, 2015, 04:10:41 PM »

what is the difference between the Dungeon and the Vault.  I don't post in either but wondered what the difference is.

My perception of it is that the Vault is more general sex/longing stuff. Whereas the Dungeon is more specifically sub/dom(me) and BDSM interests. Your less vanilla leanings  ;) Not of interest to everyone.

But yes, it's all got a bit more mixed up recently. Although both spaces should be "safe" spaces to share information that wouldn't then be used against you in any way for external discussion, on other boards or elsewhere. And no judging/sex-shaming. Both of these things have happened recently  ::)

Thanks Nismat.  You would have thought that in all the years I have been on GB I would know lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjCLlzdM9Vs

For anyone who doesn't know who she is watch clip.  Her interpretation of Bach is spot on.  My interpretation is not so spot on.  I need precise fingering and lots of forte.  You cannot cheat with Bach.  It is very technical.

Bach played  in any variation is always a pleasure.  :D

Offline horse

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #38 on: Feb 26, 2015, 05:31:11 PM »
Horse, why do you keep coming into these spaces just to have a moan about them? If you don't like it then don't participate.
Just as you don't like people making judgements about your sexual practices, other people don't like you making judgements about their community and safe spaces.
Nobody has asked you to come in here, point out the problems and make it better. You have two choices, you either use this space or you don't. Stop whingeing about what you think it should and shouldn't be And choose one.
This is my first post in here for ages ?

If this is my space and yours then I'll make whatever comment I like on whatever issue I like.

Nobody asked you to come in here and whinge about my opinion,
What exactly was your amazing contribution to this space anyway  ::)

This was the OP's issue - "but who choose the words?"
I was responding to that.

You are here once again to moan about anything and everything to do with what I think and honestly I'm ****ed off with hearing about the endless things you don't like about me. Naff off.

Offline fetishkitty

• Beware the scary pheremones...
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • And.....she's back!
« Reply #39 on: Feb 26, 2015, 05:57:41 PM »
Now now...play nicely, or no spankings for you!

;D

kitty

Offline pure evil

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Joyful Misandrist
« Reply #40 on: Feb 26, 2015, 06:05:58 PM »
Hmmmm....not sure what I thought of 'The Duke of Burgundy'.

Groke

« Reply #41 on: Feb 26, 2015, 06:14:46 PM »
Please will someone tell me what vanilla refers to? Please.
If you don't know, you should be in the Vault.  ;)

Offline Jeepster

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #42 on: Feb 26, 2015, 06:25:54 PM »
You're never too young to learn new things.  ;)
Make my day - Smile!

Offline Amphelise

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Christine, Wondering
« Reply #43 on: Feb 26, 2015, 06:29:11 PM »
Please will someone tell me what vanilla refers to? Please.
If you don't know, you should be in the Vault.  ;)

;D

Vanilla, in a sexual context, means non-BDSM/non-kinky.
"Well, at least I'm not a time-traveling, shape-shifting robot operated by miniaturized cross people. Which I've got to admit, I didn't see coming." ~ The Doctor

bizoute

« Reply #44 on: Feb 26, 2015, 06:40:57 PM »
I can't do this all inclusive thinking that GB likes.

Oh c'mon. Since when is a basic premise of YKIOK a GB thing? I never get why this is difficult: some people will have kinks that you're not into. But guess what? Unless those are people with whom you are playing, it doesn't actually harm or concern you. And actually I have some kinks my last serious partner wasn't particularly immediately drawn towards. So I reframed them in terms of stuff he did like, and hey presto, he was able to meet me in them. But either way he managed to not judge me in an 'OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU' sort of way. So that's always nice. Y'know...a bit of kink positivity.

I kind of think of it as good manners. I try to mostly save my moral outrage for Tory politics, not other people's consensual fun & assume however the hell people want to consensually fuck or play, it's entirely their business and if it makes them feel good/meets their needs, cool. And if they can afford me the same courtesy, I generally appreciate it.