Author Topic: Virtual Gym Buddies - let's motivate each other m'kay.  (Read 6049 times)

Offline Tha´sInSeclusion

• "New England's Most Welcoming Hostess"
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
Re: Virtual Gym Buddies - let's motivate each other m'kay.
« Reply #15 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:00:40 PM »
My name is Tie-EECE!

>:(

All right.  I went to the Gym today.
First I had to dig my car out of 65 tons of snow.  Then I couldn't find a parking place near the Gym so I had to muscle into a place on a little side street.  Then I had to carry my super stylish GYM bag through the freezing cold and snow to the GYM.  Then I had to climb three flights of stairs to get to the machines.

I *noted* that the three recumbent bicycles were all taken up by middle aged men who looked fit enough not to be recumbent. 

I did an hour of elliptical.  On a tread mill there was a young muscular Asian man who had sassed up his hair with blond highlights.  He was working out *awfully* hard and I looked to him for inspiration even if I didn't care to get that sweaty.

After elliptical I did rowing machine for half an hour.  The little screen was cr*pped out so I couldn't tell how many millions of meters I was racing through the water.  Fortunately I'M SUCH A SPIRITUAL PERSON I was able not to let this bother me.

Then I went and took a shower.  Probably for longer than I did anything else at the gym, but they provide free soap.

So.  I'm on the road to glowing health.  Anyone else?

Malibu

« Reply #16 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:24:38 PM »
I did a kettlebell class. An hour of humphing a lump of metal around, followed by a pyramid of 1 squat thrust, 1 swing; 2 squat thrusts, 2 swings; etc etc, up to 10.  Was a fab class.

Offline outoforder

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #17 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:38:27 PM »
Hour and forty brisk walking, 50 lengths of the pool. Everybody at the pool seems to know me. I think I need glasses. I felt light and airy after the swim and the usual thankfulness that I can do it, a bit of joy to life.

Devon Daisy

« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2015, 07:39:24 AM »
Wow! Impressed with all of the above  :)
I was pleased with my 46 lengths of the pool this morning (normally do 40 so an improvement in the same time.) Lovely sauna afterwards too.

Offline Guineapig

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • *meep meep*
    • The Yoga Club
« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2015, 09:42:41 AM »
I don't want to crash into a thread I'm not meant to be in.
Some of you know that in my life, I need less exercise, not more (yoga teacher and cycle everywhere - can get too tired and body can become exhausted/depleted).

But, I absolutely love this thread.

Tha´s, you're a joy to read.
I think you're all bloody fab.

Sorry if that comes across as patronising.
It's not meant like that at all.
Gingerbeer Yoga Thread

*meep meep*

Offline Tha´sInSeclusion

• GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
« Reply #20 on: Jan 29, 2015, 04:54:04 PM »
Thank you, GP.  It's a joy to watch you spell my name right.

I think you should post here anyway.  You could write about pretending that your real bicycle is an exer-cycle in a gym.   --You know since it's a Virtual Gym thread anyway.

Offline Chewwy

• U16 Doubles Table Tennis Champion 2018
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • I'm an okay arsehole.
« Reply #21 on: Jan 29, 2015, 04:56:59 PM »
I havn't been yet, can't get more virtual than that.
Hear me RoaaAAARRRRRrrrrr.......... purrrrRRRR.

Offline Rachael

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #22 on: Jan 29, 2015, 05:41:02 PM »
it is a good idea for  thread.
i have been 'doing' the gym for a few months now.  With the new job and a lot of work travel, it has been a struggle though.
Tonight is the first time in a couple of weeks i have been at home and though i planned to be there now before a webinar at 7, i am just exhausted. 

Instead, I am sitting on the bed with mint tea, gingerbeer and yo yo ma.  BUT i am wearing gym clothes....that's got to count for something, right?

Offline Goblin Flump

• I'm so Shiny
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deadpool
« Reply #23 on: Jan 29, 2015, 06:56:06 PM »
All my good intentions are being killed by the trains. My train in the morning has been cancelled, and I never know when I'm going to get home.
It's dogwalking or nothing as far as exercise goes for me at the moment.
I'd love to walk the stairs a bit at work, but I have absurd workshoes and my insteps kill after about one flight.
You're welcome.

Offline Tha´sInSeclusion

• GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
« Reply #24 on: Jan 29, 2015, 07:15:29 PM »
it is a good idea for  thread.
i have been 'doing' the gym for a few months now.  With the new job and a lot of work travel, it has been a struggle though.
Tonight is the first time in a couple of weeks i have been at home and though i planned to be there now before a webinar at 7, i am just exhausted. 

Instead, I am sitting on the bed with mint tea, gingerbeer and yo yo ma.  BUT i am wearing gym clothes....that's got to count for something, right?

I'm glad you mentioned this.  Too often we underestimate or indeed IGNORE the importance of the OUTFIT.

Offline outoforder

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #25 on: Jan 29, 2015, 07:39:31 PM »
Nought today, even though I ate a wagon wheel with jam and plenty else. My friend is a feeder (chocolate). But I need to take rest days too, so 'sok.

ElectricHippo

« Reply #26 on: Jan 29, 2015, 07:41:39 PM »
Well I failed in my effort to go for a run but I have just done an hour of yoga in my teeny sitting room. That counts, right?

Cas73

« Reply #27 on: Jan 29, 2015, 08:20:47 PM »
Well I failed in my effort to go for a run but I have just done an hour of yoga in my teeny sitting room. That counts, right?

Yes it does, it's great for toning muscles and weight loss  :)  (not to mention increased flexibility)

Malibu

« Reply #28 on: Jan 29, 2015, 09:26:50 PM »
Everything counts, even getting changed into gym clothes. Getting my sports bra on is a whole workout in itself...

Spinning and group pt today. I'd really like to be able to do a pistol squat without collapsing on my arse. That is a looong way off.

Cas73

« Reply #29 on: Jan 30, 2015, 06:04:04 PM »
Everything counts, even getting changed into gym clothes. Getting my sports bra on is a whole workout in itself...

Spinning and group pt today. I'd really like to be able to do a pistol squat without collapsing on my arse. That is a looong way off.

Ha ha so true about the sports bra  ;D

My heavy week of work is done, so I'll be returning to the gym next week thank goodness. Or I may sleep for the next week.  I can't decide which is more desirable right now