Author Topic: URGENT accommodation needed - London under 500pcm incl bills  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Amphelise

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Christine, Wondering
Hi folks,

A friend of mine has just been told that her London houseshare is ending this weekend (don't know details, all I know is that they have to be out this weekend). My friends is late 20s, new to London, supply teacher, highly reliable etc. She needs somewhere from this weekend either short or long term.

If anyone can help out please PM me ASAP.

Thanks!!
"Well, at least I'm not a time-traveling, shape-shifting robot operated by miniaturized cross people. Which I've got to admit, I didn't see coming." ~ The Doctor

Offline Another Dyke :/

• aka sfx ;)
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
Re: URGENT accommodation needed - London under 500pcm incl bills
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2015, 08:35:29 PM »
Best i can do to help, put in Timeplan..they oft have Teacher's Accomodation or follow on accomodation!
Btw, no one mentioned any !notice to Quit..
i'm fairly sure it is a pre-requisite of Law to provide this..i don't think you can just be !chucked out on your ear (especially with no where to go.)
Also, ask your friend contact her Union..they can help Housing Matters, give Advice, oft know things useful.
i'm concerned if there has not been a Notice to Quit.
Has she taken ANY legal Advice..what would happen if she refused to go??
Has she any Deposit she can use as a means to stay on (one months more rent, as she investigates further, sorts herself out?)
Could she talk to her landlord??
i hope her Friends rally round..and not just with tea & sympathy!
i would hope she knew a few lawyers or folks work in Housing.
If she is in East London : i've heard (not checked it out! just heard) of an lgbt Advice FREE in Stratford Campus Queen Mary College Uni of London.
Let's hope it all works out..the nights are very cold.
You know..i JUST FAIL TO SEE HOW SHE COULD JUST BE ASKED TO MOVE OFF IF SHE'S ON A STATUTORY TENANCY. ALL THIS NEEDS TO BE LOOKED INTO PROPERLY - SHE IS A WOMAN, SINGLE AND SO..VULNERABLE, CAN'T JUST BE CHUCKED OUT.
IF SHE IS IN MONEY TROUBLE..SHE COULD ASK FRIENDS FAMILY.. OR THE COUNCIL DISCRETIONARY PAYMENT HOUSING.
I AM CONCERNED SHE IS JUST BEING ASKED TO GO, JUST LIKE THAT.
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF SHE WAS VERY LAWABIDING AND PEACEFUL..EVEN IF THE POLICE ATTENDED.. AND JUST !REFUSED TO GO.
THERE MUST BE MORE TO THIS (WHICH IS NOT MY BUSINESS) - IF SHE WAS ON A PROPER TENANCY, SHE WOULDNT' JUST BE ASKED TO GO LIKE THAT - BOTH SIDES HAVE NOTICE TO QUIT DETAIL. FIND ADVICE!

Somewhere in my memory i remember 500pcm for living on a houseboat..i dont' know how you'd go about finding out about it, if you know anyone who does!
i suppose it will be pretty cold out on the River!
Best of Luck..
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2015, 08:37:11 PM by Christmas Greetings from Panther :) »
Perfect Panth..Vote BREXIT! x

Offline Amphelise

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Christine, Wondering
Re: URGENT accommodation needed - London under 500pcm incl bills
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2015, 08:48:03 PM »
She found a home, thanks.
"Well, at least I'm not a time-traveling, shape-shifting robot operated by miniaturized cross people. Which I've got to admit, I didn't see coming." ~ The Doctor