Author Topic: WOC Birmingham  (Read 845 times)

Offline Sonia_14

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
WOC Birmingham
« on: Jul 17, 2014, 04:31:48 PM »
Hey ,

I am hoping to meet more LBQ WOC in Birmingham , So far I feel in many Bars & clubs I have not seen WOC of visible , with that I have seen racism and sexism in white dominated Lesbian Bars. Any thoughts on this will be appreciated .

Thanks

Offline M&M

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • MsUnderstood
Re: WOC Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2014, 01:02:18 PM »
Sorry to hear that you have experience prudjudice within a community that should know better (IMO). Unfortunately we cant get away from predjudice of all sorts.

I am not in Birmingham but I have heard that there are a few few LGB WOC up there and wish you the best in finding them. You tried meetup groups? Might be worth setting one up...
M&M

Offline Friendly

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
    • London Lesbian Singles
« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2014, 07:52:24 AM »
Hi Sonia,

I'd like to echo M&Ms advice. You are not the first midlands based person to get frustrated by the lack of community for lesbian WOC. Hell, that's why I moved to London from a small midlands town a couple of decades ago.

I agree with with M&M. These days it's cheaper and faster to create an online community through Facebook or my preference - meetup. Why not give it a go? I run a meetup group for Londoners and would be happy to talk you through the process. PM me if you're interested in starting up a WOC Midlands site.

Friendly
Sometimes I'm grateful that our thoughts don't appear in bubbles above our head.

Offline M&M

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • MsUnderstood
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2015, 12:10:26 PM »
On the topic of Birmingham... Any one going to Birmingham Pride this year? I was considering it but haven't made up my mind yet. 
M&M