Author Topic: Edinburgh Fringe Festival  (Read 1340 times)

BOYDENBABE

Edinburgh Fringe Festival
« on: Jul 08, 2014, 01:31:01 AM »
Anyone going to Edinburgh this year?  I would love to pop up for a few days, and would either like to travel or meet up with someone - no dates set as yet, I'm fairly flexible.  I went last year and loved it!

Islington

Re: Edinburgh Fringe Festival
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2014, 09:15:28 PM »
Edinburgh is one of my favourite cities. The festival is great, although I ended seeing a lot of stuff set in and from London last year. It would have been nice to see something a bit more Scottish/anywhere else seeing as we'd travelled up 4 hours from London.  ::)
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2014, 10:39:27 PM by Stephanie »

BOYDENBABE

« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2014, 01:03:14 AM »
I went for the comedy, and actually flew from Birmingham (in a plane, my batwings aren't that bad!). 

Islington

« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2014, 01:09:20 AM »
Wow. Yes I saw comedy too. About London. The stuff you saw wasn't all London centric then?

BOYDENBABE

« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2014, 09:13:47 AM »
I saw Sandi Toksvig, Sarah Millican (brilliant!), Milton Jones and some impro show with Paul Merton. I booked most of it beforehand - otherwise we would have been walking around and not decided on anything!  I know me!

Islington

« Reply #5 on: Jul 09, 2014, 11:45:19 AM »
I saw Sandi Toksvig too.  :) Yes, the brochure is very huge!

Offline Hawa

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #6 on: Jul 09, 2014, 09:59:52 PM »
Anyone going to Edinburgh this year? 

Yes.

No shows booked yet though its on my list of things to do, and I have been flicking through the brochures
Vulnerability is the new strength

Offline Hawa

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2014, 12:46:26 PM »
For anyone going / thinking about going to the festival, I highly recommend Animal Farm and Dylan Thomas Clown in the Moon, I'd give them both 5*.  Also Outings and Zoe Lyons (though I didn't get to see her whole show, just 10 minute set on a BBC stand up show). I had such a good time and am already planning for next year.
Vulnerability is the new strength

Offline braveandcrazy

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • Crazy since 1964
« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2014, 12:16:20 AM »
Can't make Edinburgh this year  :( Saw Mark Thomas locally on his pre-Fringe tour.  Found it very personal and emotional.  At one point I thought he might cry.  What did you think of it?
"Not everyone is in a position to help animals, but everyone is in a position not to harm animals" HuntSabs Assoc

Offline braveandcrazy

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • Crazy since 1964
« Reply #9 on: Aug 12, 2014, 01:23:53 AM »
And I missed Karine Polwart - again!
"Not everyone is in a position to help animals, but everyone is in a position not to harm animals" HuntSabs Assoc

Offline Chewwy

• U16 Doubles Table Tennis Champion 2018
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • I'm an okay arsehole.
« Reply #10 on: Aug 12, 2014, 01:46:57 AM »
An ex GB'er has a show on at The Fringe.  It's called Bird Watchers Wives I think. 

I doubt she'd mind me mentioning it, as she hasn't been on here for years.  Plus it's good advertising. 

Go see.   8)
Hear me RoaaAAARRRRRrrrrr.......... purrrrRRRR.