Author Topic: Biscuit magazine for bi women is looking for writers!  (Read 1115 times)

Offline LottieBiscuit

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Biscuit magazine for bi women is looking for writers!
« on: Jun 06, 2014, 11:36:37 AM »
Calling all bi Gingerbeerers! You might have heard about www.thisisbiscuit.com: a new website for bi women, filling a gap in the market that has existed for far too long.

I'm looking for people to write for all sections of the site. You might find yourself interviewing a filmmaker, reviewing a book, writing about bi-visibility in music, sending us a short story, even drawing us a cartoon if you are so inclined - there are many different ways you can contribute. Check out the site and get a feel for what we're about, and if you think you might be interested, drop me a line at lottie@thisisbiscuit.com. NB: This is a voluntary position as the site is currently non-profit (although this will hopefully change in the future).

onmyway

Re: Biscuit magazine for bi women is looking for writers!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2014, 09:36:11 PM »
Non-profit does not prevent the paying of a (living) wage, you know?

Wages are not profits.

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2014, 03:50:22 PM »
OMW, nobody is being forced to make contributions for free.
And non-profit isn't the same as not-for-profit.
My interpretation would be that this venture is not making any money yet but hopes to in the future so it will then be able to pay for any contributions, but until then it's voluntary.
Wages aren't profits but nor are they conjured out of thin air...
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

Offline TooManyCats

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2014, 04:24:03 PM »
I don't know LottieBiscuit personally, but we have mutual friends and I hear good things about her. She doesn't sound like the kind of person who is looking to take financial advantage of others.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.