Author Topic: Having your relationship invalidated  (Read 3702 times)

Offline Grey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • old school old butch
Re: Having your relationship invalidated
« Reply #30 on: Apr 05, 2014, 03:35:42 PM »
brilliant posts OMW and Jaques

Offline Sengdroma

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #31 on: Apr 09, 2014, 07:18:40 PM »
And this was the reason I was so scared to come out - for fear of having to pick a 'side'. I like men and women. If anyone thinks that it is wrong to say men first, it is because I am an English Graduate; and M comes before W in the alphabet ( and in bed most times  ;) ).

I am in an open marriage with a man I love and have been married to for 20 years and yes we have children. He is fine with my need to be with a woman or women. He is supportive and is a shoulder for me to cry on at times.

I am not asking anyone to bless what we have, agree with what we have or diss what we have. What we have is ours and we are happy. It works for us and makes us both complete.

Offline Jenny Talia

• I was born the same year that homosexuality was removed as a disorder from the DSM
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
  • No, that's just perfectly normal paranoia...
    • Planet London
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2014, 11:50:14 AM »
I got the same thing once.  Two gay men likened my current relationship to the arranged marriages of old :o ::)

I was shocked.

At the same time I understand where it is coming from.  Many gay people, including myself, had unhappy relationships with the opposite sex prior to coming out.  Many felt 'trapped' in these relationships due to a fear of their sexuality.  Also, historically, women would have to leave their female partners and seek out men if they wished to get married and have children.

Thank god society has changed.
You may be wondering what a map of the trade winds of the North Atlantic is doing on page 134 of a book entitled Is Sex Necessary? In our opinion a map of the trade winds is equally useful in understanding women as a cross section of the female anatomy -James Thurber

Nothing risqué, nothing gained