Author Topic: Do we need another word? (article online)  (Read 788 times)

Offline Night Nurse

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Don't look at the eyes.
Do we need another word? (article online)
« on: Oct 07, 2013, 09:44:38 AM »
Article from Salon.com, examining how bi people (and others) relate to the word bisexual.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/06/why_its_tough_to_be_bisexual_partner/
Some people think little girls should be seen and not heard, but I think...

Offline Waxhero

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • Looking for meets to go clubbing in London
Re: Do we need another word? (article online)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2013, 03:24:45 PM »
I never realised non-bi's in a way would look down on bisexuals till I read something about it this weekend and now this article. I was quite perplexed. Ofcourse, I know this doesn't apply to every non-bi's.

I never considered myself straight, lesbian or pansexual... so what am I?

Yes, being open to any gender does open up a much bigger pool to choose from but in the end, for me it's about the person and NOT the GENDER! I imagine life would have been simpler if I was straight or lesbian but alas, that is not the case. If I meet a girl who rocks my world, great! If I meet a guy who rocks my world, great!

The reply I usually get when I explain I'm bi, something in the lines of: oh, you have a finger in both pies..

I then continue to explain that I fall in love with a person and not with gender. It's about love, not gender. Not sure if that gets the message across but hey, that's my truth.

Whether a new word would be good.. perhaps, though in a way gender-blind would cover it for me on the surface level :D