Author Topic: Merging Mancs and Yorks into an 'Oop North' board?  (Read 1520 times)

Offline MzB

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Merging Mancs and Yorks into an 'Oop North' board?
« on: Sep 17, 2013, 03:27:54 PM »
There is some debate about whether we should merge the current Mancs and York boards in 'Where to Meet' into a single 'GB Oop North' thread.

This is because:

- More Beeries now live (and meet) in Leeds so the current two boards don't quite work any more.
- People who live in Mancs could miss stuff in the York board that they might want to travel to, and vice versa.
- It might be easier for people who lwant to meet up in the North to read and share information in a single place.

You can have a look at previous debate here: http://boards.gingerbeer.co.uk/index.php?topic=107194.0;topicseen

Voting will be open for 14 days. Please also give any views on the name of a merged thread. I'm suggesting 'Oop North - Mancs, Leeds, York and beyond'. But there may be a better name.

Thanks!

Meanwhile, there is a meet coming up in Leeds on Saturday 26 October. Check it out here:
http://boards.gingerbeer.co.uk/index.php?topic=111225.msg3451028#msg3451028

dukovearl

Re: Merging Mancs and Yorks into an 'Oop North' board?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2013, 07:54:28 AM »
Yes, but as an actual northerner I prefer "Up North" - I have no need of a phonetic spelling aid and it's for us, not those darn sarf, yes?  ;D

Offline ScarletBea

• Hybrid
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2013, 04:48:52 PM »
Yes, but as an actual northerner I prefer "Up North" - I have no need of a phonetic spelling aid and it's for us, not those darn sarf, yes?  ;D

Agree - I was just thinking that :D

Offline MzB

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2013, 06:05:42 PM »
Ha ha ha. I wondered if people would think that! I prefer oooop. Like fooooook. The more oooo's the better. But yeah. OK. I get it. Pooooooop.