Author Topic: Bristol Lesbian scene... unfriendly or approachable or non-existent?  (Read 3052 times)

Offline Georgie

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Is there anyone on here from the Bristol area?

Am single and considering a relocation in the next few months and wondered if there was a friendly and welcoming scene in Bristol.

For example, is there a WTF Bristol fringe-type thing?

Any info of good places would be great, or simply just to know if there were any GB Bristol locals on here.

Many thanks,
G

Bizoute

Heya Georgie,

(A very delayed reply here.) I'm not a million miles from Bristol (I live in Devon) & would like to get to know Bristol better. I'd be up for a meet-up down there at some point. I've wanted to check out Cafe Kino for ages & happy to generally explore queer & alternative places down there. At the mo part of the rail line on the direct link down there is down because of all the flooding, but once that's fixed (apparently hopefully will be by mid/late March) I'm up for some Bristol-hanging.

Offline Georgie

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
Hi Bizoute,

Great to get a reply - I had almost forgotten about this thread. (I came on to post an accommodation wanted ad in the Bristol section as the other accommodation section seemed quite London-centric and I'm keen to relocate westwards as soon as possible.)

A meet-up would be really nice - I heard about the rail line though  :( , so whenever that gets sorted, let's arrange something then.

I will probably (hopefully) be coming to Bristol more often as I try and get the relocation underway.

G

Offline Skyler

• Gingerbeer Goddess
I'm up for meeting up.

There are lots of different scenes in Bristol. It basically depends what you are into. Eg there is a very dykey roller derby scene, a clubby scene, a rambling scene (if those words can be used together), a queer scene etc.

ETA: Can only do a day time meet up with a baby in tow.

Bizoute

I'm up for a daytime meet in Bristol sometime one weekend (train line here to there restored now, yay.) Meet-up at Cafe Kino sometime? However, I'm in the middle of househunting in the area I live in at present, so until that is all sorted, I'm finding it hard to commit to anything much. But a future meet = all good.

Bizoute

P.S. I'm in Bristol May 13th, if anyone fancies meeting up that day?

I'm also aiming to make it to Bristol VegFest this year: http://bristol.vegfest.co.uk/

Offline Georgie

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
Ah, I will just miss you on the 13th - but there's a possibility I might be around for the veg fest dates. Will let you know when I've managed to choreograph the man with a van and storage space availability dates. 

Bizoute

^Cool. I'm def aiming to make VegFest.

P.S. If anyone fancies a Devon meet-up sometime, come on down. It's not too, too far from Bristol & really is excessively beautiful round these parts.

Bizoute

Okay. It's Bristol VegFest this weekend. I have a cold at the mo but if it's passed by then, I might pop down for it. Anyone else fancy it?

Offline Georgie

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
Hi Biz,

Hope your cold didn't come to anything - summer colds are the pits.

Can't make this weekend I'm afraid - did you make it in the end? And would you recommend it for next year?

Bizoute

Re: Bristol Lesbian scene... unfriendly or approachable or non-existent?
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 09:01:53 PM »
Cold still present so no VegFest for me this weekend. I'm sure it's good though - I've been to the Brighton version of it a few times. I'm going to be studying p/t in Bristol from September so expect I'll be around down there a bit more after that.

Offline Georgie

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 02:19:35 PM »
Hope you're feeling better soon.

Offline Eclare

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #12 on: Jun 21, 2014, 10:57:11 AM »
Just replying as im from wiltshire so not far :)

Offline Georgie

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #13 on: Jun 25, 2014, 08:47:05 PM »
Welcome Eclare.

I'm based in Bristol, but a bit of a newbie here and still running around sorting out all the re-location stuff. I haven't managed to meet up with any beeries in this part of the world yet, but hope to soon.

Even if it is just electronicly, GB is a great place to connect with people.

Gx   

Offline EmmaLou

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #14 on: Jul 06, 2014, 07:24:59 PM »
Hello all!!

I'm also relocating to Bristol soon - have got a new job there so will hopefully be moving to the area in September time, am really looking forward to it! Have been to Bristol a few times with friends, as I like my alternative music and Bristol is great for that, but have never been to any of the gay scene places. I'm currently living in Southampton where there are a grand total of 3 gay pubs / bars, so it's got to be better than that, right?! ;D

Em x