Author Topic: What do you intend to do? (Set a goal for the day)  (Read 23752 times)

Old Brock

Re: What do you intend to do? (Set a goal for the day)
« Reply #30 on: Aug 08, 2013, 12:03:52 PM »
I do when it's coming up to a deadline and the work is nearly finished - because then I wouldn't have time to start again. But I try not to think about it too much or I would get stuck. I tell myself that if the worst happened, I might not make that deadline, but there will be other work in the future. I also worry about the house burning down because of my work! Obviously I worry about the house itself and the cats too in that situation...

dukovearl

« Reply #31 on: Aug 08, 2013, 12:16:29 PM »
I'm going to finish the drawing I'm working on, then take both that and The Accepted One to the framer.

Well done  :D

I expect they burn more slowly when framed, giving you time to rescue more of them along with the cats and people. All the other stuff is insurable, including the house itself.

Old Brock

« Reply #32 on: Aug 08, 2013, 12:17:47 PM »
^ Exactly that. The framing does provide some measure of protection and therefore relief from worry.

dukovearl

« Reply #33 on: Aug 08, 2013, 12:40:52 PM »
I still need to frame the cow. I have been waiting for new wall space and now I have it.

I have made all my phone calls and am still waiting for the TV aerialist, so I need a new intention.

I'm going to climb over the wall into the no-(wo)man's land which used to be the access steps to the shared toilet and clear the junk that's on my side of it so there will be enough space there for some kind of garden tool container.

amaya

« Reply #34 on: Aug 08, 2013, 01:03:25 PM »
Good luck everyone else with their goals.

I really need to stick to this - been leaving everything to the last minute. Got to get into a new perception of time. Days and days have just slipped away. Such a rare gift though, I don't actually want to stop. But I have to now.   

I need to do my work emails. Will take 10 mins and make things professional. HATE IT ALL.

wash my dog. Who really smells.

more packing. I am on a deadline. STOP LOOKING AT EVERYTHING.

sort 2 things out for my children. just because they need me to. REMEMBER.

dukovearl

« Reply #35 on: Aug 08, 2013, 02:25:46 PM »
And good luck to you rosa  :D

I have fulfilled my intentions and solved the mystery of the extra green wheelie bin over the wall. It has a cracked lid and had a watering can in it, so now that I have cleansed the soup it contained of recycling remnants it should make a reasonable rain butt. Hurrah for that and for the aerialist who is right now resiting my inherited sky dish so that I can get freesat  :D

Offline MzB

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #36 on: Aug 08, 2013, 04:48:13 PM »
Well I managed to stay away from GB until my 'official' lunchbreak. Not too bad since it's now 3.45.

And I discovered a think called FocalFilter which locks certain websites for prescribed periods of time.

I used to use a wind-up kitchen timer thing to keep me on task. But my house is such a pickle that I can't find it!

amaya

« Reply #37 on: Aug 08, 2013, 09:25:45 PM »
^ do you give yourself timed breaks when you are working from home then MzB ? I need to do something like that.

@ duc de potage :D, glad you solved the wheelie bin mystery. Where do they all come from?

Offline Creative Whistler

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #38 on: Aug 08, 2013, 10:36:15 PM »
^ do you give yourself timed breaks when you are working from home then MzB ? I need to do something like that.

@ duc de potage :D, glad you solved the wheelie bin mystery. Where do they all come from?

I sometimes use timers for non-work related chores.  If I can't get started I might put my timer on for 15 minutes and tell myself to work flat out until the timer goes off.  Then when I rest I set it for another 15 mins. I usually end up working over the 15 minutes but never rest/play longer.
If I don't make any sense, just ask me... I usually mostly know what I think I could possibly mean.

Offline PearlD1va

• PearlyD1vas' Coming To Town
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Likes all things vintage.
« Reply #39 on: Aug 08, 2013, 10:55:11 PM »
^ ;D I do that in a morning sometimes with my phone alarm- after I am up - so that I am reminded every ten minutes that pass.

Not every day, but on the days when my brain is fluffy and I don't know why the time is going fast.
It is as if I don't quite believe the clock if I glance every so often. Like 20 minutes have gone when I only looked 5 minutes ago. Does anyone else get that?

Hope you have all achieved your goals for today- some of you seem to have done well for sure.

Kitty, I hope that the interview went well.

Same old boring goal for me tonight- bed by 10.30.
Breathe through your ears!

Offline Creative Whistler

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #40 on: Aug 08, 2013, 11:58:00 PM »

Not every day, but on the days when my brain is fluffy and I don't know why the time is going fast.
It is as if I don't quite believe the clock if I glance every so often. Like 20 minutes have gone when I only looked 5 minutes ago. Does anyone else get that?

I think any time of any day my brain is foggy and time has always been am issue for me.  Even learning to tell the time and my son is exactly the same.
Today I intended to put away some items in my room and figured that one hour should be a good target.  I spent half an hour just rearranging unwritten postcards and greetings cards on order of shape and size into a new box.  I did a good job but it took me all flipping morning.  I frequently have to remind myself to think about my pace, then again not long after...

I remember, at Brownie camp, packing my things to go home. The other children had all finished and ther was only myself and a leader in the room. I remember her saying to me 'why are you taking so long?' 'You must be doing this on purpose?'  I was just as puzzled because all I was doing was following the procedures involved with packing for home properly (I had read packing advice on my Brownie Guide handbook)
If I don't make any sense, just ask me... I usually mostly know what I think I could possibly mean.

Offline MzB

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #41 on: Aug 09, 2013, 12:33:13 AM »
Ah! The Brownie Guide Handbook!

I had this version. Or at least it had that cover.

;D

Offline Another Dyke :/

• aka sfx ;)
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #42 on: Aug 09, 2013, 12:46:34 AM »
My goal for today is..
make a fuss of my cat Agent eM(cat)
read TWO chapters of my book
walk a way/fair distance
eat my 5 portions of fruit, mainly veg
get to Work on time.
Perfect Panth..Vote BREXIT! x

Offline fetishkitty

• Beware the scary pheremones...
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • And.....she's back!
« Reply #43 on: Aug 09, 2013, 12:51:15 AM »
I didn't get the job...which is a good thing as I'm not qualified and it isn't what I want to do. However, I start work experience doing what I do want to do on Monday...so I am a very very happy kitty!

kitty

Ps...I think he really liked my Wuthering Heights inc dancing...

Offline purelybyaccident

• Gingerbeer w*nker
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • There's still some good mileage left.
« Reply #44 on: Aug 09, 2013, 09:52:19 AM »
That is good news FK  :)