Author Topic: What do you intend to do? (Set a goal for the day)  (Read 22556 times)

Offline Creative Whistler

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Re: What do you intend to do? (Set a goal for the day)
« Reply #15 on: Aug 07, 2013, 10:20:45 PM »
Gosh yes, on work days it is all about just coping sometimes. Then non work days have to have rest time.
I presently have a long period of time off work and need to take advantage of the opportunity to get thins done.

Good luck with the sleep thing PearlD1va, it really does help.

Mental elf, I like the idea of the motivational board. Is it for plans and rotas or inspirational things or both?
If I don't make any sense, just ask me... I usually mostly know what I think I could possibly mean.

Parker

« Reply #16 on: Aug 07, 2013, 10:53:24 PM »
Tomorrow I intend to add 3 reps to the record attempt I'm slowly testing the waters in. I added 2 on Sunday.

Mental Elf

« Reply #17 on: Aug 08, 2013, 01:01:37 AM »
CW, I've made my board a bit of both - I have 6 weeks worth of calendar planned out which takes me up to my next goal. It tells me which days are runs, physio or rest days so I can tick them off as I go. I have space to add my times in after certain runs but also have included motivational images, quotes and some simple strength training routines I found. It's on my door so I'll see it every morning :)

Offline fetishkitty

• Beware the scary pheremones...
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • And.....she's back!
« Reply #18 on: Aug 08, 2013, 07:52:03 AM »
I intend to not embarrass myself too much at the interview I have this afternoon. Gulp.

kitty

Offline purelybyaccident

• Gingerbeer w*nker
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • There's still some good mileage left.
« Reply #19 on: Aug 08, 2013, 08:18:04 AM »
Good luck FK, I mean for the job not that you won't embarrass yourself, well that as well  :)

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #20 on: Aug 08, 2013, 08:31:34 AM »
CW, I've made my board a bit of both - I have 6 weeks worth of calendar planned out which takes me up to my next goal. It tells me which days are runs, physio or rest days so I can tick them off as I go. I have space to add my times in after certain runs but also have included motivational images, quotes and some simple strength training routines I found. It's on my door so I'll see it every morning :)

I like it.  I like visual representations because ideas don't stay I'm my head for long without reminders.
last year when I improved my health a lot, I spent ages on StumbleUpon searching inspiration(I can't remember the exact word) and it really helped a lot. I was super motivated.

This evening I made a motivation board to keep me on track with my running and physio :)

So tomorrow I have work. I also intend to do the washing up, run home from work, put some electric on the meter and go over to the missus'

:)

Fabulous idea. I think I'll make a dream board about what I want to achieve. Like turning the mad reactive rush into a smooth organised well oiled wheel. Leaving me time to curl up with the missus earlier than 11 o'clock. I'll divide the dream board into different areas, and replan the steps to contentment. I started doing this earlier today, but I like the idea of an ideas board, it helps keep the bigger picture in view.  ;D

Yes do it! I hope it helps.   
If I don't make any sense, just ask me... I usually mostly know what I think I could possibly mean.

Offline Skyler

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #21 on: Aug 08, 2013, 08:34:11 AM »
Good luck with the interview FK.

dukovearl

« Reply #22 on: Aug 08, 2013, 08:35:39 AM »
Good luck kitty, may your knicker elastic not let you down  :)

I intend to find a builder to sort out my gutters, pointing and flashing. I hate it because I never know whether their quotes are fair or whether they just take one look and know that I haven't a clue.

And I need to contact the guy who's supposed to be fitting shelves. After a week, he still hasn't even been round to measure up and all my books are still in boxes. Do I assume he doesn't want the job, but hates saying so as much as I hate hassling people?

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #23 on: Aug 08, 2013, 08:38:32 AM »
Tomorrow I intend to add 3 reps to the record attempt I'm slowly testing the waters in. I added 2 on Sunday.
onwards and upwards!
I intend to not embarrass myself too much at the interview I have this afternoon. Gulp.

kitty

:D    good luck with that ha ha.  I bet you will be calm and confident.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #24 on: Aug 08, 2013, 08:49:14 AM »
Good luck kitty, may your knicker elastic not let you down  :)

I intend to find a builder to sort out my gutters, pointing and flashing. I hate it because I never know whether their quotes are fair or whether they just take one look and know that I haven't a clue.

And I need to contact the guy who's supposed to be fitting shelves. After a week, he still hasn't even been round to measure up and all my books are still in boxes. Do I assume he doesn't want the job, but hates saying so as much as I hate hassling people?

I'm sure no builder would dare mess you around.  Just twinkle you eyes at then and all will be fine.

I intend to find a place for the left over things in my bedroom. EDIT - DONE, FINALLY!
Do the washing up and a load of laundry.
ring BT
Get son's pills and make myself an appointment.

If I have time/energy left, I'll try to improve the hall/livingroom
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2013, 12:35:08 PM by Creative Whistler »

dukovearl

« Reply #25 on: Aug 08, 2013, 08:51:52 AM »
^ Haha, put BT at the top of your list, or I'll ring them for you!

And the Council about the ceiling - gird your loins - you can if I can  ;) ;D :-*

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #26 on: Aug 08, 2013, 09:04:00 AM »
Ah yes, I knew the're was another telephone job but couldn't remember what it is.  I did tidy the loft while I was half up there the other day to make a path out of the hatch.
thanks.
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2013, 11:00:51 AM by Creative Whistler »

Offline MzB

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #27 on: Aug 08, 2013, 09:50:39 AM »
Good luck kitty! Let us know if you caved in and started doing your Kate Bush impersonation! I intend not to procrastinate on GB today as I have a deadline. It's hard because I work from home on my computer and GB is my equivalent of having a quick chat or joking about with someone in the office. I wish I could put a lock on the door to GB or Facebook for a few hours sometimes though because it's too easy to just flick the tab on my computer. I did hear a rumour that there's some kind of software that can lock up certain websites for a prescribed period of time. Meanwhile maybe I should log out fully. That might help. Oh and this is a great idea for a thread.

Old Brock

« Reply #28 on: Aug 08, 2013, 10:21:17 AM »
I'm going to finish the drawing I'm working on, then take both that and The Accepted One to the framer.

Mutley

« Reply #29 on: Aug 08, 2013, 11:00:57 AM »
I'm going to finish the drawing I'm working on, then take both that and The Accepted One to the framer.

Do you not get nervous with your art work?  When Kid was doing her A level art I would get very glittery around her portfolio, I was so worried that something would get spilt on it or it get damaged

..and well done on getting a piece accepted  :)