Author Topic: Berlin  (Read 1394 times)

Offline OffshoreMeteor

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Berlin
« on: Jul 03, 2013, 10:19:57 PM »
Hi all

This is my first post to the gingerbeer forum, so I am a bit of a newbie

I'm working on a 2 year project in Berlin (commuting most weeks from the UK) and whilst I like my work colleagues some time away is never a bad thing!

So if anyone has any tips on good places to go or better still would like to help me with my struggling German, I would be grateful :)

Thanks
T
About as useful as tits on a fish

Offline Charlotte1988

• Gingerbeer Newbie
Re: Berlin
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2013, 04:22:59 PM »
Hi! Berlin is amazing! I'm living there at the moment! How long have you been there for? What sort of stuff do you like to do?

Offline OffshoreMeteor

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2014, 07:24:24 PM »
Hey

Sorry I only just saw your response to this post. Are you still living in Berlin?

I took a break from my project to do 9 months in the UK, but just started going back to Berlin every week again

Offline Tazzy476

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2014, 08:27:24 PM »
I did a bicycle tour whilst in Berlin which was brilliant as I got to see lots of bits of the city that I would otherwise would have missed. Certainly worth doing. It was about four hours with stops..... And a coffee break.

And the karaoke on a Sunday afternoon was awesome, and not even a karaoke fan!

Offline OffshoreMeteor

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2014, 09:22:18 PM »
Cool I will check out the tour, sounds good. I always see the walking tours gathering outside my office building,always jealous some sightseeing time would be great :)

Offline Tazzy476

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2014, 07:00:44 PM »
Have a look on Trip Advisor. It is a great site for things to do. I loved Berlin!

Offline Tazzy476

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2014, 08:14:18 PM »
It is called Berlin Bike Tour, Bornholmer Strabe 75. It was about four and a half hours but you go along at your own pace and there are some great walking tours as well.
The karaoke is in Mauerpark Park on Sunday afternoons. I went on my own and it was great. There is also a market next to the park which is interesting. I enjoyed the Tiergarden Market on Sunday morning as well!