Author Topic: Femme invisibility  (Read 20248 times)

Offline Stevie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Stone Butch
Re: Femme invisibility
« Reply #135 on: Aug 07, 2015, 07:07:55 PM »
^ 💟 this ... Be true 👍🏻
Maybe Stevie already is everybody's ex?

lil_moomin

« Reply #136 on: Feb 24, 2016, 11:28:54 AM »
For some reason I was thinking about this in the car this morning and I remembered something that happened a while ago.

Last year I went to SBS with a friend in April or so, and it was held in a pub somewhere near Holborn if I remember rightly... it had moved. Anyway, the pub was "open to all" before a set cut off time like 7 and then after it was just meant to be for the event. We arrived a bit before then and I went to the bar to try to order food for both of us for an evening meal. The guy behind the bar said he was sorry but they weren't doing food now and he couldn't take my order, so I went back to my friend and she looked a bit surprised and said she was sure that wasn't right! So she went up to the bar and came back and said she had ordered our two meals.

It turns out what happened was that they were only serving food to people who were staying after the cut off time and they assumed I wasn't a lesbian, so they didn't take my order.

It would've been easier if they had just ASKED if I was staying for the event rather than just presuming something.

I found it more weird they'd just assumed rather than anything about my appearance

Offline Stevie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Stone Butch
« Reply #137 on: Apr 14, 2016, 10:08:52 AM »
Ugh .. Right !

Easier to just ask ..
Maybe Stevie already is everybody's ex?

Offline Vickilipstick

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #138 on: Mar 06, 2017, 12:19:52 PM »
I know this thread is old, but crikey Mint! That is bad!!!

lil_moomin

« Reply #139 on: Mar 21, 2017, 03:35:43 PM »
Just weird, more than anything, that they wouldn't say "are you staying for the event?" which would take about two seconds. Anyway, hopefully after that the person in question actually asked people rather than guessing.

Offline Xof the Elder

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #140 on: Apr 09, 2017, 09:03:07 PM »
How do you cope with being invisible ? I have some femme friends who hate this as it really frustrates them.

Invisible femmes - are they with me now? I feel like they are.. creepy little invisible femmes, 5ft tall with horn-rim glasses, all wanting to listen to Bjork and dress me like Ellen. *shudder*

I KNOW YOU'RE THERE CREEPY INVISIBLE FEMMES. YOU LEAVE YOUR HAIR EVERYWHERE.
Quizas, quizas, quizas....

Offline Parnell

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #141 on: Jul 31, 2017, 07:35:34 PM »

*Tousles hair at XOF!*
<br />Parnell - she is the lady that you look at and immediately think "trouble" followed by 'Nice tits"<br />

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this...