Author Topic: Mindfulness  (Read 3765 times)

RP

Re: Mindfulness
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 11:46:32 AM »
Always wanted to try qi gong but haven't got round to it. Have some material by Shifu Yan Lei I plan to get started with though :) And some other ideas.

Offline Jaques

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 03:46:53 PM »
Always wanted to try qi gong but haven't got round to it. Have some material by Shifu Yan Lei I plan to get started with though :) And some other ideas.

....see what your local council comes up with - ours has an Active Hastings Scheme where you can do lots of activities for around 2.50 an hr.  I go twice a week and in June theres an outdoor qui gong event free every wednesday.  I would imagine most areas will have these schemes :)

RP

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 06:51:33 PM »
^ Thanks, Jaques! :D

Offline Jaques

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 07:11:53 AM »
...........anyone interested in learning about mindfulness, might find this you tube talk by a buddhist nun helpful, you dont have to take up buddhism or any religion to practice of course..............
http://youtu.be/nasIq4E9nNg

Offline Chants

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • The Introverted Foodie
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 11:06:47 AM »
I went to an open day at the buddhist centre in bethnal green and that's where I first heard of it. I'm a complete mindful convert. Bought the book and am about to set time aside to meditate. It's one of those things that makes so much sense and seems odd that I hadn't thought of all this before!!

Get the app and get started!

http://www.getsomeheadspace.com/
Thanks this looks great!

Kirin

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 01:55:53 PM »
...........anyone interested in learning about mindfulness, might find this you tube talk by a buddhist nun helpful, you dont have to take up buddhism or any religion to practice of course..............
http://youtu.be/nasIq4E9nNg

I love Robina Courtin! radical lesbian feminist practising martial arts who became a Buddhist nun, she does great work with prisoners, a heroine of mine, thanks Jacques!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:15:40 PM by Kirin »

Offline Jaques

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 08:55:12 AM »
Tenzin palmo is another buddhist nun i became interested in when i read her book "Cave in the Snow" in the 90's, she is the most amazing, interesting, down to earth woman, born in London who spent l2 yrs in meditation in a cave and has and is doing wonderful work esp at the moment training young suitable nuns to bring back the old dakini tradition - here is a website for anyone interested.

http://www.dakinipower.com/jetsunma-tenzin-palmo/

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #22 on: Aug 21, 2014, 01:56:06 AM »
I would join you if there wasn't thousands of miles between us.
accept what is,let go of what was and have  faith in what will be

Offline Kish

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #23 on: Nov 11, 2015, 10:57:19 PM »
It's a strange things mindfulness. The world wouldn't be a better place without it.

Offline Birdwatching

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #24 on: Nov 13, 2015, 10:05:22 PM »
I too love to join. I live in Cambridge but not too far to go down to Lindon! My life is basically related to Buddhism but I never though about 'mindfulness' until recently. I am personally in period of changing life and struggling from emotional ups and downs. I do try some practice of mindfulness but so hard to just observe my emotions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk